Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM 2019/2020
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding female students from certain African countries.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries (see list below)
To be taken at (country): Australia
About the Award: . This scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion to study in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, our elite and highly ranked programs at Macquarie University.The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is highly competitive and will be awarded to ONE student in the year 2019.
Fields of Study: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Type: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be a female.
- Have a citizenship of a country within the Sub-Saharan Africa region*.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship.
- Hold a full offer of admission or package offer with English for a coursework program that is listed as in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics at Macquarie University (North Ryde Campus).
- Have a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0 for postgraduate applications and a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications.
- Commence the degree program in Session 1 (February) 2019 or Session 2 (July) 2019. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one session in duration.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship application, students will be contacted with further details on submitting a selfie video as part of the assessment process.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- The total value of the scholarships is 50% of the total tuition fee and will be applied towards your tuition fee when you commence your study at Macquarie University.
- This scholarship does NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
- The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Duration of Programme: Duration of course
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde,Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
- We will be in touch with you regarding sending your selfie video provided if you are assessed as to have met all other eligibility criteria.