Study in Belgium: VLIR-UOS ITP Scholarship Programme in International Module in Spatial Development Planning (IMSDP) 2019
Call for scholarships for an international training programme (ITP): “International Module in Spatial Development Planning (IMSDP)”
Application Deadline: 23rd November 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Belgium
About the Award: The IMSDP programme is an intensive three months teaching and research programme for post-graduate students and researchers in urban studies and planning. It is offered by the KU Leuven Departments of Architecture and Earth and Environmental Sciences, in collaboration with the research units P&D, OSA and Geography and Tourism and over twenty academic partners.
International Training Programmes (ITP) are short to medium-term, intensive, interactive, and practical trainings organised at a university or university college in Belgium/Flanders.
The trainings target participants from 31 scholarship countries with relevant professional experience in the ITP’s subject and who will be able to transfer the obtained knowledge and skills to a wider audience in their home countries.
Type: Training, PhD, Masters
- Post‐graduate students (Ph.D. and II level Master) and other academic fellows (Post‐Doctoral and Research fellows). A limited number of scholarships could be allocated to outstanding students currently registered as master students and/or with a bachelor degree of 5 years.
- Practitioners (professionals and civil servants) who wish to improve their research capabilities.
You can only apply for an ITP scholarship if you meet the following requirements:
- Nationality and country of residence: A candidate should be both a national and a resident of one of the 31 eligible countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of the application.
- Relevant professional experience and a support letter: Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or to those who aim to have a career in one of these sectors. The training candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
- Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS funding: Candidates who are working at a university where we already fund IUC, TEAM or SI projects, can receive an ITP-ICP scholarship if they clearly motivate the reason for their application and if they clarify why the participation at the ICP or ITP programme cannot be funded as part of the IUC, TEAM or SI programme or project funds that already exist.
- Other VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and previously awarded scholarships: A potential candidate can only submit one scholarship application with us per year – irrespective of the scholarship type – and can, therefore, only be selected for one VLIR-UOS scholarship every year. Candidates who already received one of our scholarships to participate in another ITP, will not be eligible. Candidates who already received one of our scholarship to participate in an ICP (or vice versa) can only be selected if the previously attended course is thematically linked to the ITP.
Number of Awards: 12
Value of Award: scholarships are only provided for the full duration of the training programme. It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship.
Duration of Programme: three months (March 1st until Tuesday May 28th 2019.)
How to Apply: How to apply