The President’s Young Professionals Program (PYPP) in collaboration with the Civil Service Agency (CSA) announces to the general public that it is conducting its 9th Regular Recruitment exercise to recruit 20 exceptionally talented recent university graduates in any discipline to form part of Class IX of the President’s Young Professionals (PYPs).
Application Deadline: 4th December 2018 at 5:00pm
Eligible Countries: Liberia
To be taken at (country): Liberia
About the Award: The President’s Young Professionals Program (PYPP) of Liberia is a prestigious and competitive two-year program that recruits and places recent Liberian university graduates in important government roles and provides them with training and mentorship as they support the government’s top priorities.
The PYPP was launched in 2009 by a consortium of visionary funders and with the support of the Government of Liberia. It has become one of Africa’s most competitive programs for leadership in public service.
Eligibility: Interested Applicants should have a reasonable mix of the following criteria:
1. History of service to community or school through involvement in extracurricular activities.
2. Law abiding Liberian nationals (determined by a clean criminal background check).
3. Not older than 35 years as of December 31, 2018.
4. Recent (up to 5 years) college/university graduate with 1st degree in any discipline and a cumulative
Grade Point Average of at least 3.00.
5. Strong written and verbal (English) communication skills.
6. Friendly, patient, fast learner, self-starter, resourceful, organized and able to work under pressure in a
fast-paced professional working environment.
7. Punctual and reliable with a commitment to learning and self-improvement.
8. Basic understanding of working with Microsoft Office applications.
9. Strong team player.
Females are especially encouraged to apply…
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Award: Successful candidates are provided with training and mentorship as they support the government’s top priorities.
Duration of Programme: 2 years
How to Apply: Applicants meeting the above criteria should submit the following:
1. Current Resume.
2. Two (2) recent passport size photos with your name clearly written on the back.
3. Recent Police clearance (not older than six months).
4. Most recent college/university transcript or letter of attestation, indicating the grade point average
5. Three (3) letters of recommendation: (One professional, one Academic & One personal).
6. A letter of motivation answering the question in 500 words minimum: “Why do I feel best suited for the
President’s Young Professionals Program and what qualities I bring”.
Accepted applicants will be required to sit the CSA aptitude test and the PYPP written and computer
aptitude tests. Shortlisted applicants from the tests will be invited to sit group and individual interviews.
Completed application package should be addressed and delivered on or before close of business (COB), December
4, 2018 to: Hh K. Zaizay, Executive Director, President’s Young Professionals Program (PYPP), Airfield, Sinkor,
Monrovia, Liberia. For Further information, please visit our website: www.pyppliberia.org, or send an email to
[email protected] or call 0886103213 / 0777511064 / 0886556916 / 0776162217 between the hours of
8am – 6pm weekdays.
- Applicants residing outside Monrovia should submit their applications to the office of the Superintendent on or before the close of business (COB) on December 4, 2018.
- Meanwhile, all interested applicants are invited to our recruitment Open-house training session on “how to write
a good essay”, “how to develop an outstanding resume” and “how to sit a job interview” on October 2, 3, &
4, 2018 at 10:00 am at the President’s Young Professionals Program office. Applicants attending the Open-house
will also get the opportunity to ask questions and get in-depth understanding on the recruitment process. This
process is on a first-come-first-serve basis.