Foreign Press Association Scholarship Awards 2019 for Foreign Graduate Students of Journalism – USA
The Foreign Press Association is now accepting applications for the 2019 Foreign Press Association Scholarship Awards from foreign students having graduated during 2019 or who will be studying in a graduate journalism program in the United States of America during 2019.
Application Deadline: 11.55 pm on 31st July, 2019.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: Founded in 1918, the Foreign Press Association (“FPA”) is the oldest association of journalists in the United States of America, and the second in the world. The Foreign Press Association Scholarship Awards (“FPASA”) was founded on the 75th Anniversary of FPA’s formation to encourage the pursuit of a career in journalism by the next generation of foreign correspondents.
The Foreign Press Association Scholarship Awards contribute to the development of the next generation of international reporters.
Eligibility: The Foreign Press Association Scholarship Awards is open to individuals who are:
- Foreign nationals having graduated during 2019 or who will be enrolled in a graduate journalism program in the United States of America during 2018
- Held or holding an F-1 or J-1 Visa during 2019
- Demonstrate an interest and commitment to international affairs reporting
Selection Criteria: Every year, a special Awards Committee appointed by the Foreign Press Association, (“FPA”), seeks out appropriate scholarship awardees based on the following criteria:
- Will be attending or attended a U.S. graduate school of journalism during 2019.
- A record of excellence.
- A citizen of a foreign country.
- In need of financial aid.
Selection: Applications will be judged on:
1. The submission response to the Op-Ed question.
2. A short statement detailing how you will utilize your FPA Scholarship Award.
An impartial panel of journalists, editors, publishers, media directors, and other professionals will select the winning awards. Scholarship Awardees will be invited to receive their awards at the FPA’s Centennial Gala event, attended by an audience of global influencers in business, foreign affairs and media, on Thursday, 1st November, 2018 in New York City.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Cash scholarships, ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 (USD), will be awarded.
How to Apply:
- The application requires the submission of a commentary on a subject matter decided upon by the Awards Committee.
- Scholarship awards will be presented in two categories: print and multi-media.
- Applications will be adjudicated on the response to an opinion-editorial question.
It is important to go through application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see Link below) before applying.