AU-EU Youth Cooperation Hub Fellowship Programme for Young Africans
The Hub is a multi-stakeholder initiative with youth at its core – seeking to test new approaches to common challenges facing the AU & EU.
Application Deadline: 17th September 2018 (1:00 pm CEST)
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The AU-EU Youth Cooperation Hub will enable 42 selected young Africans, Europeans and Diaspora to work with the African Union, the European Union and other relevant stakeholders in developing new approaches, defining the scope of pilot projects and monitoring their implementation in six areas:
- Business, Job Creation & Entrepreneurship
- Culture, Sports & Arts
- Education and Skills
- Environmental Preservation and Climate Change
- Governance, Political Inclusion & Activism
For the first time the youth are not only being heard but also asked to contribute to the guidelines for projects focusing on some of the most important issues concerning both the European Union and the African Union.
As a Youth Fellow, you will advise international experts and institutions on the preparation of the Youth Innovation Fund, a call for proposal for funds totalling 10 Million Euros.
By joining the AU-EU Youth Cooperation Hub, you will contribute to making youth solutions a reality, piloting projects in six sectors!
Type: Training, Fellowship
Eligibility: Any person between the ages of 18-35, African, European or Diaspora, interested in Africa-EU cooperation as well as knowledgeable in one of the six areas.
As a Youth applicant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an African Union or European Union Member State
- Aged 18-35 upon applying
- Proven knowledge, practical experience and demonstrated impact in one of the six thematic areas
- Additional knowledge/experience of minimum one of three cross-cutting thematic areas is desirable: Gender, Migration, and/or Digitalisation
- Interest in and knowledge of Africa-EU relations
- Experience in working in international and multicultural teams is desirable
- Ability to work effectively in either English or French, and possessing an adequate understanding of the other language
- Writing skills and public speaking skills are desirable.
Number of Award: 42
Value of Award:
- Selected Youth Fellows will be divided into clusters, 7 Youth Fellows per cluster.
- Youth Fellows, with the guidance of the experts, will work together using a virtual platform and be expected to produce regular deliverables linked to their cluster topic.
- The 42 Youth Fellows will meet and spend 10 days in Addis Ababa (27 October to 4 November) for a first consultative meeting, in partnership with GIZ.
- Possible field visits will take place twice a year (2019 & 2020).
- Flights, accommodation, meals and local travel expenses are covered
Duration of programme: From October 2018 until the 6th AU-EU Summit in 2020.
How to Apply: Apply here
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Apply to Win DAAD Scholarship in Germany
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win