National University of Singapore PHD Scholarship 2020/2021 for International Students
The National University of Singapore PHD Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2019
About the Award: The National University of Singapore – aims to attract and train talented science and engineering international students who have the potential to create and lead technology companies through Singapore PHD Scholarship. Students develop their research skills by doing a PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline, choosing among a wide range of departments and advisers.
Type: Masters to PhD
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is
- compulsory for all applicants, Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- compulsory for NUS and NTU Masters students and graduates.
- only waived for NUS, NTU and SUTD Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates.
- TOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is only compulsory for applicants whose
- native tongue
- medium of undergraduate instruction
is not in English
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
How to Apply: Please follow the application instructions HERE in its entirety.
- Only online applications via https://inetapps.nus.edu.sg/GDA2/Home.aspx are accepted.
- You must also complete a critical Google Questionnaire.
- Your application is only considered COMPLETE after you
- submit your PDF dossier
- submit your hardcopy package
- complete and submit your Google Questionnaire
- the application deadline.