INSEAD/Johnson & Johnson Strategic Innovation for Community Health (STICH) Programme for Health Leaders in Africa (Funded) 2018
Strategic Innovation for Community Health (STICH) Through its Leadership and Innovation programs with INSEAD, Johnson & Johnson has invested in over 2500 senior healthcare leaders across EMEA. These programs invite health leaders to embark into a journey of self-guided discovery to further develop their leadership and innovation capacity – realising their vital role in building the resilience of communities and health systems.
Application Deadline: 12th September 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Nairobi (Kenya)
About the Award: The objective of the Strategic Innovation for Community Health program is to provide cutting-edge insights and thinking about: innovation as a discipline; the innovation of healthcare and prevention services; the effective implementation and adaptation of strategy; and new approaches to “systems thinking” for addressing the challenges of healthcare.
Eligibility: The program is designed for individuals from public or private sectors and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) who strive to improve health in their communities and who want to have a real impact on the populations they serve. It is aimed at people faced with the challenge of developing new approaches for better health care service design and delivery in the community setting.
Successful candidates will have been trained as doctors, nurses, health educators or other health professionals who have subsequently become senior or high-potential managers in healthcare delivery organisations. Participants will typically:
- Be senior or high-potential managers in healthcare services
- Have 3 to 8 years of management experience
- Be considered by their organisations to be capable of occupying positions of increased responsibility, particularly with respect
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Fee is covered by the Trust (tuition fees, refreshments during breaks and lunches on campus).
- Travel, accommodation and evening meals are at the participant’s own expense. A limited number of scholarships will be available to cover travel and accommodation. This will be decided on a needs basis and
remains at the discretion of the Trust.
- If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please contact: Tinneke Proost at [email protected] once you
have been enroled in the programme and no later than the 22nd of September. The Trust will share the scholarship
application form and eligibility criteria by email.
Key benefits: Participants will gain a better understanding of their own innovation skills and how to improve and develop the innovation skills of those around them.
- Improve innovation skills and the ability to maximise the potential of staff
- Understand the special nature of service delivery and key levers to improve value, quality and delivery of healthcare
- A workshop approach to implementing innovation as a practical and useful systematic processes for healthcare service innovation that adds value for patients
- Communicate more effectively about service innovations and improve patient engagement
Duration of Programme: 6 days (12–17 November 2018)
How to Apply: Download and complete the application form and return to INSEAD.
Award Providers: INSEAD, Johnson&Johnson
Important Notes: Please note that last minute cancellations or “no shows” without warning and justifiable reasons will not be accepted. Should this happen, both the candidate and the organisation the candidate is coming from, will not be allowed to participate to any of the Trust sponsored programmes for the following two years
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World