The World Academy of Sciences Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Partner (TWAS-SAREP) Regional Young Scientists’ Prize 2018
The World Academy of Sciences Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Partner (TWAS-SAREP) seeks to honour an outstanding young scientist who has made significant contribution to research, development and capacity building to improve sustainability of water and sanitation-related activities and programmes in the developing world.
Application Deadline: 20th August 2018.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award: The 2018 TWAS-SAREP Regional Young Scientists’ Prize is aligned to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal #6 on Clean Water and Sanitation. This goal strongly features in other SDGs and in the 7 Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA) 2024 priority areas. Water underpins every aspect of human and environmental existence. Water scarcity is a global concern that can be addressed through the expansion of international cooperation and capacity-building support mostly to developing countries.
- Nominees must be nationals of countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Nominees must be 40 years or below.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to research, development and capacity building to improve sustainability of water and sanitation-related activities and programmes in the developing world.
- Nominees must be scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least ten years.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The award comprises an award certificate with a citation on the winner’s scientific achievement, as well as a cash prize of 2000 USD. The winner will be announced at the Science Forum South Africa 2018.
How to Apply:
- Nominations are invited from TWAS and AAS fellows, fellow/members of National Academies and Young Academies in the region, Research Institutions, Research Councils and Universities in the region.
- The nomination of women and scientists from Science & Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) is highly encouraged.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nominations accompanied by the Nomination Form (download) and all the relevant documents must be submitted to [email protected] by 20 August 2018.
Award Providers: TWAS
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World