Emerging African Innovation Leaders Programme for Young African Leaders (Fully-funded to Torino, Italy) 2018
The African Innovation Brokers learning activity is part of the Emerging African Innovation Leaders Program and addresses a group of African innovation leaders who are expected to spur the transition to the Next Production Revolution (NPR) in their countries.
Application Deadline: 20th July 2018 before 3:00 PM (CET).
Eligible Countries: Afrrican countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Italy
About the Award: The Italian G7 Presidency during the Summit in Taormina launched a fully dedicated Outreach Session on Africa continent. Particular attention was given to the potential of innovation and the role of human capital
in boosting sustainable and inclusive growth in the continent. In this framework, the G7 Italian Presidency announced the introduction of an “Emerging African Innovation Leaders G7 Exchange and Empowermentram”.
Training may cover several topics ranging from digitalization, to sustainable energy solutions and smart mobility. Special attention will be given to hands-on project activities and project works that enable the participants to implement the theories they gain and foster team and interdisciplinary cooperation between people from different backgrounds. Exposure event will create contact between the African Leaders and the Italian and European ecosystem of innovators
Eligibility: The candidate profile of the Emerging Innovation Leaders should have:
- personal experiences and motivation on Innovation
- academical background in scientific or business field
- willing to extend knowledge about the NPR
- motivated to engage in team working
- leadership attitude
- excellent communications skills
- capacity to understand English effectively
- priority selection will be given to national citizens of Tunisia, Niger, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia and Mozambique
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Scholarship for covering the costs of the in-presence activities (fees, travels, accommodation and food) is provided by the Emerging African Innovation Leaders project.
Duration of Programme: 12 months.
- In-presence training and exposure: September 26th– October 26th
- Project work | Online workgroup: October – December 2018
- Project work | In-presence training (2 weeks): December 2018 (indicative period)
- Training of National Innovation Leaders: Spring 2019 (indicative period)
- Online training (MOOCs) November 2018 – September 2019 (indicative period)
How to Apply: An early bird deadline for application will be the 20th of July 2018 before 3:00 PM (CET) with priority selection. A final deadline for application will be 26th of July 2018 before 12:00 PM (CET). Kindly prepare your necessary documents (refer to Terms of Reference) and, kindly send them to [email protected]. All participants are invited to send the application with the requested information as soon as possible.
Award Providers: The project is sponsored by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation AICS.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Most Useful University Degrees for the Future
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World