The Foreign Correspondents’ Association of Uganda (FCAU), in partnership with Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and Canon Central and North Africa, is seeking entries for the East African Photography Award.
Application Deadline: 1st August, 2018
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda
To be taken at (country): Uganda
About the Award: The latest edition to the Uganda Press Photo Award, the East African Photography Award is officially open for submissions to EA citizens from Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania & Uganda. Participate by submitting your best images.
East African Photography Award: Any noteworthy subjects may be used as a theme for a story entry, but images submitted should show a clear narrative that is improved, not diluted by the inclusion of multiple images.
Offered Since: 2018
- The Ugandan Press Photo Award will accept published and unpublished photographs.
- The contest is restricted to citizens of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and Ethiopia, 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must have been taken between August 1st 2016 and August 1st 2018, and must be submitted by August 1st This will be confirmed via EXIF data.
- Each entrant can submit up to 2 stories. For each story a minimum of 10, and a maximum of 20 photographs should be submitted.
- Only photographs in digital form will be accepted. There should be no watermarks, identifying marks or names of authors written on the photographs.
- Each photograph has to be saved as highest quality jpg, at 300 dpi, minimum 3000 pixels on the longer side.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minimal adjustments are allowed. The organizers reserve the right to ask for unedited images.
- All photographs should include a caption (short description of who, what, where, when, why. Not more than 50 words per photograph. Include when and where the photograph was first published.) in the EXIF data/metadata.
Number of Awardees: The jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
Value of Competition:
- Prizes will be awarded for each place.
- Winning entries will be printed and will form part of an exhibition.
How to Apply: Upload and Submit your photos here
Award Provider: Foreign Correspondents’ Association of Uganda (FCAU), Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES)