UPPA East African Photography Award for Photographers from East African Countries 2018
The Foreign Correspondents’ Association of Uganda (FCAU), in partnership with Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and Canon Central and North Africa, is seeking entries for the East African Photography Award.
Application Deadline: 1st August, 2018
To be taken at (country): Uganda
About the Award: The latest edition to the Uganda Press Photo Award, the East African Photography Award is officially open for submissions to EA citizens from Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania & Uganda. Participate by submitting your best images.
East African Photography Award: Any noteworthy subjects may be used as a theme for a story entry, but images submitted should show a clear narrative that is improved, not diluted by the inclusion of multiple images.
Offered Since: 2018
- The Ugandan Press Photo Award will accept published and unpublished photographs.
- The contest is restricted to citizens of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and Ethiopia, 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must have been taken between August 1st 2016 and August 1st 2018, and must be submitted by August 1st This will be confirmed via EXIF data.
- Each entrant can submit up to 2 stories. For each story a minimum of 10, and a maximum of 20 photographs should be submitted.
- Only photographs in digital form will be accepted. There should be no watermarks, identifying marks or names of authors written on the photographs.
- Each photograph has to be saved as highest quality jpg, at 300 dpi, minimum 3000 pixels on the longer side.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minimal adjustments are allowed. The organizers reserve the right to ask for unedited images.
- All photographs should include a caption (short description of who, what, where, when, why. Not more than 50 words per photograph. Include when and where the photograph was first published.) in the EXIF data/metadata.
Number of Awardees: The jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
Value of Competition:
- Prizes will be awarded for each place.
- Winning entries will be printed and will form part of an exhibition.
How to Apply: Upload and Submit your photos here
Award Provider: Foreign Correspondents’ Association of Uganda (FCAU), Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES)