LEAP Africa School2Work Programme for Nigerian Graduates (Fully-funded) 2018
LEAP Africa in partnership with The DOW Chemical Company announces its call for application for the LEAP Africa School2Work Programme, a four-month intensive learning for graduates from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
Application Deadline: 20th June 2018
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To Be Taken At (Country): Nigeria
About the Award: In the last quarter of 2016, 40.6% of unemployed persons were youth between the ages of 15 to 34, while the same age group made up 56.6% of underemployed persons. This crisis has led to an emerging appreciation that the current realities of work require the embedding of employability, enterprise, and entrepreneurship skills into a curriculum for learners to transition smoothly into meaningful life and thrive in a competitive global economy.
Through the LEAP Africa School2Work Programme, participants (Post-NYSC members) will be equipped with the right mix of leadership, employability and enterprise skills to navigate the present and future marketplace, and to establish businesses in the face of insufficient job opportunities in the country.
The LEAP Africa School2Work Programme would entail a rich blend of modules, activities (case studies, games etc.) and 21st Century Skills that will enable the effective transition into formal employment.
Type: Training, Internship
- Applicants MUST BE graduates of tertiary institutions between the ages of 18 and 30 years. (HND and OND holders are STRONGLY encouraged to apply)
- Applicant SHOULD BE a recent graduate who has completed the NYSC program. Two-years post NYSC members are also eligible to apply.
- Applicant MUST NOT be gainfully employed at the time of application.
- Applicant MUST be available to attend and participate in the entire programme and must be willing to comply with the virtual work requirements after the training.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award: The programme activities comprise of the following:
- two weeks of experiential training and coaching session,
- a career fair,
- two-month internship placement,
- and one-month post-internship transition support.
How to Apply:
- Download Application form here
- The application is open from June 8th – 20th, 2018.
Award Providers: LEAP Africa, DOW Chemicals Company Foundation.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy
25 things You Didn’t Know About Studying Medicine
15 Underrated Things Successful People Do, Poor People Don’t Do