Biozentrum PhD Fellowships for International Young Scientists 2018 – Switzerland
The Biozentrum encourages talented, ambitious and highly motivated young scientists from around the world to apply for the prestigious and much sought after “Biozentrum PhD Fellowships” offered by the Biozentrum Basel International PhD Program.
Application Deadline: 20th June, 2018.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): University of Basel, Switzerland
About the Award: In contrast to many other PhD student programs that aim at a broad recruitment of many candidates, the “Biozentrum PhD Fellowships” are awarded on a competitive basis. As recipient of a fellowship, you have the unique chance to work in one or two different research groups of your choice, before deciding where to do your PhD. You will also receive a number of other incentives to foster your scientific excellence and career prospects.
Type: PhD, Fellowship
- You must either already hold or expect to soon receive a university degree that qualifies you for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc, Diploma, etc.).
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a BSc (eg. USA, Canada, Singapore) degree are also eligible to apply to the fellowships program; they, however, will have to pass additional courses at the Biozentrum after acceptance.
- If you have already enrolled at the Biozentrum or plan to start your PhD thesis before September 1, respectively March 1, of the same year as the open call, you are no longer eligible to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: As a fellow, you have the unique opportunity to experience different research groups before deciding in which group to do your PhD. You are also offered a number of incentives to support your scientific growth.
Currently, the following benefits are provided (annual changes may apply):
- a personal, annual allowance to attend meetings, acquire books or a computer
- an annual study trip to a city with ties to Siemens
- scientific meetings and networking opportunities with current students and alumni of the “Biozentrum PhD Fellowships” program
- a personal certificate of acceptance into the fellowship program
- support for the preparation of the personal CV and postdoctoral application by Biozentrum faculty members in the Program Committee
- financial support for travel to postdoctoral interviews at the end of the PhD thesis
Duration of Programme: You will get full financial support for your PhD thesis, typically 3 – 4 years including rotations.
How to Apply: Apply Here
Your application must include:
- electronic copies of the diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format)
- names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members). The referees will be contacted automatically and will be asked for an online evaluation as well as a reference letter.
You will get further information about the application procedure as soon as you have submitted your application.
Award Providers: Biozentrum
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them