Emerging River Professional Award for River Professionals 2018
The Emerging River Professional Award (ERPA), sponsored by OceanaGold Corporation, recognises, rewards and fosters those in the early stages of their careers in rivers. The award is presented to those who have demonstrated innovation, excellence and leadership in river, basin or river-dependent community management.
Application Deadline: 10th July 2018.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Sydney, Australia.
About the Award: The ERPA is open to all river professionals who have been working in their field for 5 years (excluding postgraduate studies) or less and who have demonstrated exceptional and measurable achievements in rivers, basins or river-dependent communities. Recognising the wide range of professionals that contribute to the future of our rivers, ERPA is open to professionals from all disciplines – whether scientists, policy makers or on-ground river managers. While teams are essential in all facets of river management, this award focuses on celebrating individual achievements, and rewarding hard work, dedication, innovation, and leadership. These qualities will ensure a bright future for rivers and basins globally.
Finalists will be selected through the evaluation of written submissions and oral presentations demonstrating leadership and project achievements (e.g. development of a new catchment management initiative, establishment of a new waterway group) or showcasing significant research as part of a Masters or PhD program.
ERPA finalists will be afforded the opportunity to attend the 21st International Riversymposium to be held in Sydney, Australia from 14-18 of October 2018 and present the outcomes of their work – giving a voice to our future water leaders. The winner will be announced at the Riverprize Gala Dinner on Tuesday, 16 October. If you feel that you have undertaken noteworthy work in this area, or you know someone who deserves recognition for his or her achievement, consider submitting an entry for this prestigious Award. If you nominate someone else, make sure they will meet the eligibility criteria to enter
- Professionals from anywhere in the world who have been working in their field for 5 years or less, and:
- can demonstrate leadership and positive outcomes, or can showcase outstanding research in a river related field;
- are available to attend and present at the 21st International Riversymposium* if selected as a finalist;
- have completed their work (or a phase of a larger project) within the 2017 calendar year (although work could have been commenced at an earlier date).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- ERPA finalists will be eligible for financial support (capped) to travel to and attend the 21st International Riversymposium in Sydney, Australia from 14-18 October.
- ERPA finalists will receive one free registration for the 21st International Riversymposium (valued at $1295)
- ERPA finalists will be recognised through the publication of project summaries on the International RiverFoundation.
- ERPA finalists will be promoted through the International RiverFoundation channels.
- The overall winner will receive a monetary prize (amount to be confirmed)
- The winner will feature in an article in the International RiverFoundation newsletter after the Riversymposium.
Duration of Programme: 14-18 October.
How to Apply:
- Read the Entry Guidelines carefully to ensure the candidate’s eligibility.
- Complete the online Entry Form showcasing the candidate’s leadership and initiative in the river sector.
- Submit completed online entry form and associated documents by COB 10th of July 2018.
Award Providers: International River Foundation.