SARAO Undergraduate/Honours Scholarships 2020 for South African Students
SARAO will consider applications to support undergraduate and/or honours students studying any of the following degrees below.
Application Deadline: 8th August 2019
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award: The objective of SARAO’s Undergraduate and Honours Block Grant Programme is to partner with South African universities, to increase the number South African graduates available to pursue postgraduate research in areas relevant to the SKA and MeerKAT radio telescopes.
Fields of Study:
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics and Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics and Electronics
- Bachelor of Science in Astronomy/Astrophysics and Physics
- Bachelor of Computer Science, with co-major in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science – Honours in Physics and Electronics/Astrophysics/Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science – Honours – NASSP (National Astrophysics and Space Science Programme)
- SARAO will consider applications from South African citizens and permanent residents ONLY, and who are studying any of the following degrees above.
- Students who have achieved a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and Physical Science in Grade 12, or a minimum average (grade-point average) of 60% at an undergraduate level, may be considered for a scholarship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The current level for SARAO undergraduate / honours scholarship is R140,000 per annum. (Note: the scholarship level may be adjusted to take into account changes in university fees and inflation.)
Duration of Programme: The duration of SARAO scholarship is one year for honours or fourth year students, two years for third year students, three years for second year students and four years for first year students
How to Apply: Apply Here