DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers Networking Tour 2019 for International Researchers (Fully-funded to Germany)
Postdoctoral Researchers Networking Tour 2019 offers on-site visits to universities, research institutes and companies in the field of artificial intelligence, discussions with experts and numerous networking opportunities. Programme related costs and a travel allowance are covered by DAAD.
Application Deadline: 29th July 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: This year’s Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour offers a comprehensive and enjoyable opportunity to study important aspects of Industry 4.0, including the close cooperation between academy and industry as well as examples of practical implementation.
Travelling together throughout Germany, the tour’s participants will be offered a close look at the front line of state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 research. At the same time, the tour will inform about interesting research cooperation and employment opportunities. Participating researchers will be able to exchange their ideas with other participants from all over the world, with representatives from German academia and industry, and with us.
Type: Postdoctoral, Research
Eligibility: Applicants should
- have obtained their PhD/doctorate no longer than 5 years ago and have not been living in Germany or affiliated to a German institution within the previous 12 months
- have been researching in a subject area corresponding to the focus of the tour
- have demonstrated high productivity and quality in their scientific work. This should be clearly documented in the list of publications (journal/conference), patents and other achievements
- have a genuine interest in taking the next step in their career in Germany and be able to demonstrate this (e.g. former or current cooperation, favourable research or career opportunities, specific career demands)
- have exhibited drive and determination, initiative and a willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- a practice-oriented and diverse programme to suit the requirements of the participants
- coverage of programme-related costs in Germany (accommodation, domestic travel, most meals)
- a lump sum travel allowance if such costs are not borne by a third party. This will also be provided if the stay is extended by up to five working days in order to allow for additional professional networking.
Duration of Programme: September 22nd to 28th 2019
How to Apply: Please access the online application form here.