MycoSafe-South European–African PhD Scholarships in Mycotoxicology for Young Researchers 2018
The LEAP-Agri research project MycoSafe-South, the “European–African partnership for safe and efficient use of mycotoxin-mitigation strategies in sub-Saharan Africa”, creates opportunities for young PhD researchers to conduct this research at both European and African institutes.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2018
Eligible Countries: European and African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): European and African countries
About the Award: The LEAP-Agri research project MycoSafe-South, the “European–African partnership for safe and efficient use of mycotoxin-mitigation strategies in sub-Saharan Africa”, intends to harness the expertise and infrastructure available in Europe by strengthening the capacity of the Southern partners to tackle the mycotoxin problem and the associated food safety issues.
Type: PhD, Research
Eligibility: The MycoSafe-South consortium creates opportunities for young researchers by assigning 4 PhDs students to conduct this research at both European and African institutes. The project is embedded in two of the most important global networks on mycotoxin management and research: Partnership for Aflatoxin Control of the African Union (PACA) and Partnership to improve food security & food safety in developing countries: mitigation of mycotoxins – MYTOX-SOUTH.
- You have recently (2014 or later) obtained a Master of Science (Msc) diploma in (veterinary) medicine, public health, pharmaceutical sciences, bio-engineering, bio-sciences, agricultural and nutrition sciences, or related disciplines.
- Final year students can also apply, on the condition that the candidate obtains the degree of master before September 1st, 2018 (project start date).
- The consortium encourages also young (< 35 years old) and female African scientists to apply.
- The candidate we are looking for has a strong motivation to conduct research, can work independent, but can also function as part of a team.
- The candidate should be willing to travel between different African and European research institutes.
- Affinity for animal experiments and laboratory work is essential.
- Good communication and writing skills in English is mandatory.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: Successful candidates will be funded to and fro different African and European research institutes for the period of the research.
Duration of Programme: 3 years
How to Apply: Letters of application, including a motivation letter, extensive curriculum vitae, a copy of diplomas
and a grading list can be sent by email to Dr. Gunther Antonissen ([email protected]) before June 15th, 2018. Provide also contact details of two persons who can be contacted for recommendation. Please clearly mention the reference (MycoSafe-South_dairy) of the PhD for which you apply. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Award Providers: MycoSafe-South consortium
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)