Fully-funded ACU Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa 2020/2021 for Commonwealth Countries
The new Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa are open to citizens of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa. Apply today.
Application Deadline: 9th July 2020 4:00 (UTC +1).
Eligible Countries: African students
To Be Taken At (university): Scholarships are tenable at:
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Pretoria
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology .
- University of Venda
About the Award: The scholarships are for Master’s study only and are not applicable to distance learning courses. The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa
- Applicants must hold an Honours degree or a four-year degree, equivalent to NQF 8 on the South African National Qualifications Framework, and with an average mark of at least 70%, and meet the minimum entry criteria of the proposed course of study
- Applicants must not be a current DHET-supported scholarship recipient
- Applicants must have applied for the identified study programme at the chosen university in South Africa on a full-time basis
- Applicants’ academic background should be aligned to the proposed field of study
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award:
- The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families
Duration of Programme: Scholarships are for a maximum of two years
How to Apply: First, you must apply for your chosen course directly with the university. Applicants are advised to arrange for their qualifications to be validated by the South African Qualifications Authority before applying to a university.
Separately, fill the scholarship application form, and complete it in as much detail as possible.
As well as the application form, applicants must upload the following:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language