2013 Tropical Biology Association Masters Scholarships for African students in Kenya
Scholarship Name: TBA Postgraduate Scholarships
The Tropical Biology Association (TBA) offers Postgraduate Masters scholarship for African Students to Study in Kenya 2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
Funded through a consortium of TBA funders, The TBA Postgraduate Scholarships are offered annually by the Tropical Biology Association to its African alumni. They are intended to help African alumni undertake postgraduate studies after they have attended TBA courses, as part of the TBA alumni follow up support programme designed to promote human resource development and strengthen professional expertise among African biologists in biodiversity conservation and research.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Applicants must be nationals from Africa who have attended a TBA course.
- Priority will be given to those who attended courses since 2001.
- Applicants must pursue a postgraduate degree that will directly enhance their research and conservation skills as is relevant to their own country.
What are the benefits?
Funding granted for up to two years of study leading to the award of a Masters degree.
Depending on the proposed study programme, the scholarship will include tuition fees, travel costs, study materials, and a modest living allowance.
How long will sponsorship last? Up to two years of study
Eligible African Countries
All African countries are eligible
To be taken at (country): Kenya
Application Deadline is 30th April and June (each year) 2013
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Applications must be in English and include the following:
- TBA Postgraduate Scholarship application forms duly filled.
- Cover letter (no more than two pages) indicating how the applicant will benefit from the course, apply education to enhance biodiversity conservation in country, region, district and community.
- A copy of acceptance letter to a university programme, or submit documentation indicating that they have applied for Masters study or its equivalent.
- Letter from employer (if applicable) confirming current status of applicant and that you will be allowed time off during the duration of study.
- Two letters of reference written by someone who has supervised you during your academic studies or professional employment. Note that it will be your responsibility to ensure that the referees send the reference letter in good time.
How to Apply
Visit Scholarship webpage
Funded through a consortium of TBA funders