World Bank Group Analyst Programme for Kenya Professionals 2019
IFC’s Sub-Saharan Africa Department is seeking to recruit an Investment Analyst.
Application Deadline: 27th May 2019
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To Be Taken At (Country): Kenya
About the Award: IFC Investment analysts work closely with IFC’s investment officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment analysts help appraise new investments and assist investment officers in monitoring and servicing existing portfolio clients.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Include, but not limited to:
- Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; creating financial models to support the investment analysis.
- Conducting industry research and associated analysis to inform strategy as well as portfolio and new business decisions.
- Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Monitoring IFC investments in portfolio companies comprising various types of financial entities.
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships to ensure responsive end effective service to portfolio clients.
- Producing internal analytical reports on portfolio risk, impact and performance.
- Liaising with colleagues across departments and geographies to ensure effective collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Prior professional experience (at least 2 years) in corporate or project financing, including investment banking, commercial banking, private equity, equity research or business consulting;
- Strong research and quantitative skills, with preference for a background in financial analysis and modeling;
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills to build succinct and convincing analyses and presentations;
- Strong client service orientation with openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English. Fluency in other languages is a plus;
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships within and outside IFC;
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments, cope with shifting priorities at short notice, and still deliver top quality work while meeting tight deadlines;
- Experience in emerging market is preferred (experience in Sub-Saharan Africa will be a plus);
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
- Commitment to economic development and keen interest in development finance in emerging markets;
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Paid position
Duration of Programme: 3 year term appointment.
How to Apply: Apply Now
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat