UNESCO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) for Young Graduates and Professionals 2018
The UNESCO Young Professionals Programme 2018 is now launched. UNESCO will receive qualified candidatures from the UNESCO’s NATIONAL COMMISSION of non- and under-represented Member States. Interested candidates are welcome to contact their relevant NATCOM to apply for the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme.
Application Deadline: 27th July 2018
Eligible Countries: Non- and under-represented UNESCO Member States (Please click here).
To Be Taken At (Country): UNESCO Headquarters or Field Offices
About the Award: The UNESCO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) aims to improve the geographical representation of the Secretariat, promote gender parity at international professional level, create an enhanced pool of young civil servants, enriching and diversifying UNESCO. The YPP provides young university graduates and young qualified professionals from non- and under-represented Member States an opportunity to join UNESCO at the early stage of their professional career.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme:
- Nationality: non- or under-represented Member State at UNESCO.
- Age: 32 years maximum. Candidates must be born not i.e. born not before 1st January 1986
- Education: an advanced university degree in education, culture, science, social and human sciences or communication, or in a field related to the management and administration of an international organization.
- Languages: fluent English or French. Knowledge of both working languages is an asset. Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Arabic or Chinese is an additional asset.
- Experience: initial professional experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Values: Integrity, professionalism, respect for diversity and a strong commitment to the UNESCO mission
Selection Criteria: Besides the above criteria, selection for the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme will be based on the organisation’s core values, integrity, professionalism, respect for diversity and commitment to UNESCO’s mandate. A relevant first professional experience can be an added advantage but is not an essential requirement.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Candidate will be placed on regular Fixed-term Contract at P1/P2 level.
Duration of Programme: Renewal of contract will be dependent on candidate’s first 9-month probationary period performance.
How to Apply: Follow the instructions on how to apply here
Award Providers: UNESCO