WomEng Africa Innovation Fellowship 2022 for Female African Innovators (Fully-funded)
WomEng Africa Innovation Fellowship 2022: Inviting all female African innovators with an early stage engineering innovation or startup to apply for Africa Innovation Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2021
About the Award: WomEng Africa Innovation Fellowship, powered by WomEng and the Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation is a nine-month leadership and business development opportunity for female African innovators with an early stage engineering innovation or startup. The Africa Innovation Fellowship aims to develop the talent pipeline for future cohorts of the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation.
WomEng Africa Innovation Fellowship (AIF) kicks off in November 2021 with virtual sessions focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development and networking. Followed by five months of personalised virtual support with regular check-ins and milestones, ending in April 2022.
Fellowship candidates who apply and are subsequently shortlisted for the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation will receive additional individual coaching and mentoring to support them in getting pitch ready.
Apply now for this unique opportunity to take your innovation to the next level.
Type: Fellowship, Entrepreneurship
- Applicants must identify as women and serve as founders or co-founders.
- Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within sub-Saharan Africa*. The main applicant must be a citizen of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The innovation must be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must have a Science, Technology, Engineering or Manufacturing (STEM) innovation, though are not required to be an engineering graduate or student themselves.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit.
- The applicant’s innovation can be any new product, technology, or service, based in STEM.
- Applicants should have an early-stage engineering innovation and/or startup.
- Applicants must be able to commit for the six month-long programme commencing in November 2021 to April 2022.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of WomEng Africa Innovation Fellowship:
- Development of your business through personal growth and increased commercial insights.
- Exposure to investors in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow innovators across Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and venture clinics with subject matter experts.
Duration of WomEng Africa Innovation Fellowship:
- Applications open: 28 September 2021
- Applications close: 15 October 2021
- Successful candidates notified: 1 November 2021
- Programme Commencement: 16 November 2021
- Programme Period: November 2021 to April 2022
Eligible countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland/eSwatini, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW