Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) Undergraduate Scholarships for South African Students 2018/2019 – Jamaica
The CMU is offering tuition-fee only scholarships to South African students to study towards Bachelor’s of Science degrees in Cruise Shipping and Marine Tourism and Bachelor’s of Engineering degrees in Industrial Systems.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2018 at 23:59, South African Time.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): Jamaica
About the Award: The Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) is an educational institution of choice for higher learning, training, research and consultancy in the Western Hemisphere. Originally established to train professional seafarers, the university has extended its reach globally and is today recognized as a centre of excellence for tertiary maritime and logistics education in the Caribbean. It is a home of world class logistics and industry leaders.
Fields of Study:
- Engineering in Industrial Systems
- Cruise Shipping and Marine Tourism
- Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
- South African citizens in good health and with a strong academic record;
- Must have successfully completed National Senior Certificate with a Bachelor’s pass and a minimum of 65% average mark achieved, excluding Life Orientation subject
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age;
- Applicants must apply for full-time study at the Caribbean Maritime University for the academic year starting in 2018;
- Candidates must be available to study in the Caribbean from August 2018;
- All applicants must meet the entry criteria for their selected programme at CMU;
- All applicants must meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
Selection: The Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for nominations for the scholarship.
Number of Awards: The CMU is offering ten tuition free scholarships to South African Students.
Value of Award:
- Tuition fees
- 50% accommodation discount for 2 Engineering scholarship students
The scholarship does NOT cover international travel, accommodation (university accommodation is approximately US$3500 per student per year), living expenses, uniforms (uniforms cost approximately US$750) or any other items not stated above. No funding is available from the DHET. Any recipient of this scholarship must be able to cover these costs themselves.
How to Apply: There are two steps in the application process. The first is for university admission, and the second is to be nominated for the tuition-free scholarship:
- Submit an online application at http://cmu.edu.jm/admission/how-to-apply/ and email Mr Nikkel Innerarity at [email protected] upon submission of your application.
- In addition, complete the DHET application form, available to download here and email it to [email protected] no later than 30 May 2018, together with:
- Certified copy of National Senior Certificate
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of passport
- Reference letter from high school
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It
Top 10 High Paying IT Certifications for 2020