Canada: MasterCard/University of Waterloo Master of Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (MBET) Scholarships for East African Students 2018/2019
The University of Waterloo through the MasterCard Foundation is offering Kenyan and other students from East African countries to undertake the MBET programme at the University.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Eligible Countries: East African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
About the Award: The Master of Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (MBET) is a graduate entrepreneurship masters program that combines interdisciplinary courses with practical experiences in venture creation and commercialization, offered in 2 formats:
- Full-time program (1 year to complete)
- Part-time program (3 years to complete)
The MBET program is designed for bright, ambitious, creative, and curious team players who can demonstrate they have the passion and drive it takes to excel as an entrepreneur. MBET students come from all academic disciplines including engineering, business, computer science, math, science, and the arts. The program provides the perfect platform to experience venture creation in its many forms.Field of Study:
- The MasterCard Foundation scholarships are available for students registered to the full-time MBET program, who have received a post-secondary degree from a university in Kenya or elsewhere in East Africa.
- Selection will be based on academic excellence (minimum 80% cumulative average or equivalent) and demonstrates interest or experience in entrepreneurship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Up to $45,00
How to Apply:
- All full-time MBET students will automatically be considered for this scholarship upon acceptance into the MBET program. There is no further application process.
- Students are nominated for these scholarships by the MBET Admission Committee based on merit and specific criteria that the donors have requested.
Award Providers: MasterCard Foundation