Interswitch SPAK 1.0 Scholarship Program for Nigerian Senior Secondary School Students (N7.5Million Scholarship) 2018
Are you a science student in SS2? Power your dreams with a chance to win N7.5M University Scholarship for 5 years, monthly stipend and other gifts.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2018
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To Be Taken At (Country): Nigeria
About the Award: InterswitchSPAK is an annual search across high schools (public and private) in Nigeria for only SS 2 (year 11) students between the ages of 14-17 years.It is introduced to chart the ideal career path and drive the student towards full optimization of their potentials and fulfilment of their dreams (either as an inventor or entrepreneur) with a key message of revving up the interest of students; parents, teachers and other key stakeholders towards STEM education and its application in Africa.
Type: Secondary School Scholarship
This competition is open to students in SSS2 (year 11) between 14 – 17 years; attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria.
Participation in this competition is FREE.
- Each School is required to present their BEST six (6) students in Science (SS2 students), irrespective of religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the second round of the competition.
Mixed-schools are required to have at least two female students-amongst the six(6) that would represent them.
There are many examination centers across Nigeria.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: All students who make it to the TV quiz competition stage would get plaques, certificate of participation and educational grants amongst other things:
InterswitchSPAK winners will win the following (suggested) prizes aside from cash:
- Five (5) years University Scholarship + annual stipend worth ₦7,500,000
- Three (3) years University Scholarship worth ₦4,000,000
One (1) year University Scholarship worth ₦1,000,000
Duration of Program: The SPAK National exam will hold on Saturday April 21st, 2018 across Nigeria, please check the list of centers here.
How to Apply: There are two main levels of the competition.
FIRST ROUND: WRITTEN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
- In this stage, all the online registered students’ (i.e. the best SIX (6) from each registered school) will write a National qualifying examination conducted by NECO at designated centers across Nigeria including FCT, Abuja.
- Each school is to prepare their representatives for the qualifying exams in four subjects- Mathematics, Physics; Chemistry & Biology based on the current year 11 WAEC/NECO syllabuses.
- The National Qualifying Exams.
- 100 Objective questions in 75 minutes; 25 each from the 4 Subjects.
SECOND ROUND: TV QUIZ COMPETITION
- The best 81 students (with the highest scores) out of those who wrote the qualifying examination will be invited to participate at this stage of the competition. This will be recorded and transmitted on Television across Nigeria and Africa.
- The overall best three students per State will be recognised.
Award Providers: Interswitch
Students are advised to check their results via the online platform that will be made available to them from May 21st 2018.
We strongly recommend that students sit for the examination at centres nearest to them·
Only qualified students will be contacted for the second stage (TV quiz) of the competition.
- The InterswitchSPAK National Science Competition is to discover Nigeria’s best science student.