MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships for Undergraduate Ghanaian Students 2018
Are you a brilliant first year or continuing student pursuing first degree education in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana requiring financial assistance? Apply for the MTN Bright Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 3rd May, 2018
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To Be Taken At (Country): Ghana
About the Award: MTN Ghana Foundation has launched its Bright Scholarships scheme. A total of 300 students at the tertiary level stand to benefit.
A statement from the Foundation says students have between April 3 and May 3, 2018, for applying for the scholarship, adding 100 hundred scholarship are up for grabs every year for the next three years.
Aside from the Bright Scholarship, MTN Ghana Foundation launched the Teacher Improvement Award Programme in 2015. Since the inception of the programme, 60 teachers have been awarded scholarships to pursue First or Masters’ Degrees at the University of Cape Coast and the University Education, Winneba.
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
- Must be proven to be hard-working with excellent academic results.
- The scholarships are open to both senor high school graduates and continuing students in public universities. SHS students are required to have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively to quality. Three of the six subjects should be core subjects – English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and the other three must be in applicant’s respective electives,” the statement said.
- Continuing students’ applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering.
- Women, and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 100
Value of Award: Beneficiaries will be selected from all 10 regions of the country, and the scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, accommodation and a stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
How to Apply: Refer to the Eligibility criteria above and fill the blank spaces provided in the Application Form and present to MTN Ghana Foundation through any of MTN’s regional offices or apply online via (scholarship.mtn.com.gh)
Award Providers: MTN Ghana Foundation