DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowship at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) 2018 – Tanzania
The German Scholarship service, DAAD in association with AIMS, is offering 1 Postdoctoral Fellowship at the AIMS Centre in Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2018.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): The fellowship is tenable at AIMS Tanzania.
About the Award: The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral mathematicians under the guidance of AIMS, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences. As a self-governing non-profit trust, which is supported by several universities, AIMS offers postgraduate Programmes to talented students from the African continent.
Field of Study: The scholarship at AIMS Tanzania is available in the following field: Mathematics.
Type: Postdoctoral, Fellowship
Eligibility: Applicants have to
- have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- be invited by AIMS.
- preferably be nationals of an African country.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The fellowship covers:
- A flat-rate travel allowance: The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award
- A monthly research allowance of 100 EUR
- A monthly instalment of 1000 EUR
- If a health insurance is compulsory for work and/or visa regulations DAAD will accept the costs for a standard tariff upon submission of receipt of paid invoice.
The scholarship is designed as a subsidy to the scholar’s current salary / study leave income
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply: Applicants will be required to register online via the DAAD-Portal.
Application documents: Documents to be submitted are:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications (if applicable).
- Invitation and nomination by the host institution
- Research proposal (up to 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher.
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
Award Providers: DAAD
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal.
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act insofar as this data is needed to process the application.