Youth Scholarships for first East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium 2018
Are you a young change-maker or entrepreneur who is keen to showcase your work at a high-level meeting that is a first for East and Southern Africa?
Application Deadline: 10th April 2018.
Eligible Countries: Countries in East and Southern Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): Johannesburg, South Africa
About the Award: UNFPA East and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) and SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) is calling for applications from young people who seek to showcase their creative solutions to menstrual health management challenges in Africa. We will sponsor 10 young people to attend the first East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium in Johannesburg, South Africa on 28 and 29 May 2018. You will have a high-level platform and regional exposure for your solution(s).
If this opportunity excites you, please make your proposal below as to why you should be one of the 10 young entrepreneurs selected for this important event.
Type: Workshop, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: In order to participate in the East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- You must be aged between 18 to 35 years old.
- You must be able to demonstrate work/volunteer experience on issues related to menstrual health and management as community leaders, social entrepreneurs or advocates.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must be based in East and Southern Africa.
- You must be available to travel to South Africa from 27 to 30 May 2018.
Young people, especially adolescent girls and young women, working with youth-led organizations, movements, initiatives and networks are highly encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- Ten successful applicants will be sponsored to the Menstrual Health Management Symposium in Johannesburg, South Africa
- You will have a high-level platform and regional exposure for your solution(s).
Duration of Program: 28 and 29 May 2018
How to Apply: Apply on the Program Webpage
Award Providers: UNFPA
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It