Scholarship for Tunisian student offered by the Government of Malta for Postgraduate Studies at the University of Malta
Application Deadline: 15th May 2019
Eligible Countries: Tunisia
To Be Taken At (Country): Malta
About the Award: The Government of Malta, through the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, is announcing the offer of one scholarship aimed at Tunisian students wishing to enroll in the following Postgraduate Programme at the University of Malta commencing in the academic year 2019/2020:
Master of Arts in Humanitarian Action
- Applicants for other courses cannot be considered for this scholarship.
- Applicants should be Tunisian Nationals, are currently residing in Tunisia and show a clear intention to return to Tunisia at the end of their studies in Malta.
- Candidates employed in public office in Tunisia, or working actively with NGOs in Tunisia, will be preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants who would be unable to attend the programme without the scholarship.
- The scholarship holder will be requested to enter into an agreement with the University of Malta for the duration of his studies in Malta, which agreement will be binding in terms of the observation of rules and regulations of the host University and host country, to seriously engage in studies, register monthly progress with his academic tutor/coordinator and complete the set programme within the established time-frame.
- Applicants may be required to attend an online interview.
- A recognised degree as deemed relevant by the Faculty Board of Arts.
- English Language Proficiency
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- Payment of the University of Malta Tuition Fee.
- A premium for a Health Insurance to cover medical expenses up to a maximum of EUR 500 per year. Students will be guided on this and other arrangements upon arrival.
- Reimbursement for the obligatory Health Test to be carried out in Malta as required for the processing of the Residence Permit. (Information about the health test that will be carried out upon arrival in Malta is available at: http://www.um.edu.mt/international/international/healthtests
- A monthly subsistence allowance amounting to EUR 1000 per month to be used towards accommodation, living, transport and academic expenses and any other expenses that may arise.
- One return direct journey (Tunisia – Malta – Tunisia), the cost of which is capped at EUR 500. Any additional trips or travel costs higher than this amount will have to be covered by the student.
The scholarship holder will be requested to attend the Orientation Programme that is organised for all new international students joining the University of Malta. The date of Orientation will be communicated at a later stage
How to Apply:
- Applicants are to submit their application online and provide copies of their academic qualifications and all other requested documentation to the University of Malta by the 15th May 2019
Information is available at: www.um.edu.mt/apply
- – Applicants who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to present a letter of motivation and three letters of reference. These are to be submitted as signed and scanned copies to the attention of the Director, International Office by email at: [email protected]. The
covering message is to include reference to the application code generated by the online application and should also be submitted by the 15th May 2019. Documents that are submitted after the deadline cannot be considered.
- – Applicants who intend to apply for the scholarship must meet the entry requirements set out by the University of Malta and the conditions for joining the specific programme indicated above at the time of application.
Award Providers: Government of Malta