UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum (Fully-funded to Baku, Azerbaijan) 2019
As an integral part of the 43rd session of the World Heritage Committee, within the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 under the theme of ‘World Heritage: Local Insights for Global Challenges’, from 23 June to 2 July 2019, in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Application Deadline: 1st May 2019 at 23:59, Azerbaijan Time (CET+2).
Eligible Countries: Up to 30 participants will be selected for the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019:
One participant from each of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee (Angola, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, China, Cuba, Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Spain, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zimbabwe) and up to 9 participants from other countries will be selected.
To Be Taken At (Country): Baku, Azerbaijan
About the Award: The overall aim of the Forum is to highlight the key opportunities and challenges of heritage management in the twenty-first century. Accompanied by local and international experts, and through a variety of site visits, presentations and roundtables, the participants will gain insights into the processes and working practices of the 1972 World Heritage Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. They will discuss and gain in depth knowledge of the global concepts of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the New Urban Agenda, while also having the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the local Azerbaijani heritage and its management. At the end of the Forum, the young professionals will present their Declaration to the 43rd session of the World Heritage Committee.
Type: Conference, Training
Eligibility: Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people;
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
Selection Criteria: The selection will be made based on the requirements above, with a specific
- Balanced geographical representation,
- Dissemination of gained experience in the country or institution of origin
- Gender equality,
- Diversity of professional backgrounds.
Number of Awards: 30
Value of Award:
- All travel and accommodation costs for the selected participants will be covered by the Kingdom of Bahrain- for the duration of the forum.
- The organizers will assist in the travel preparations (including visas) and bookings.
- If any participant wishes to extend their stay until the end of the Committee session, all related costs should be covered by the participant with the consent of the State Party concerned. This information should be communicated to the organizers in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
Duration of Program: 23 June to 2 July 2019
How to Apply: Candidates who wish to apply for participation in the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum should fill in and submit the online application form. Please make sure that you include all the required information in the application form and that you attach the requested supporting documents.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World