UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum (Fully-funded to Manama, Bahrain) 2018
As an integral part of the 42nd session of the World Heritage Committee, and in the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2018 under the theme of ‘Protecting Heritage in an Ever-Changing World’ from 17 to 26 June 2018 in Manama (Bahrain).
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018, at 23:59 CET (Bahrain)
Eligible Countries: All UNESCO member countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Bahrain
About the Award: The Forum aims to transmit the values of World Heritage, highlighting the potential that World Heritage education may have for facilitating sustainable development. It is addressed to young professionals who will be invited to reflect upon the complexity of preserving heritage in a constantly evolving world with the help of international experts.
At the end of the Forum, a Declaration to convey the message of the young professionals to the international community will be produced and presented to the World Heritage Committee.
Participants are expected to be actively engaged and participate in all aspects of the forum. Please note that attendance for the full duration of the event (arrival 16 June 2018, earliest departure 26 June 2018) is mandatory. Each participant is required to give a short presentation on one of the World Heritage Sites in their representative country that is experiencing evolutionary changes happening in the world today.
Type: Conference, Training
- Participants of the Youth Forum will come from different heritage fields and countries and must be specifically interested in World Heritage
- Applicants should be recent young professionals between the ages of 23 to 30 with at least one year experience in the field of either Cultural or Natural heritage. UNESCO accepts a wide range of backgrounds including but not limited to archaeology, architecture, conservation, urban planning & regeneration, restoration, art history, lawyers, heritage managers.
- The working language of the Forum is English. A good knowledge of English is essential, for the benefit of the individual participants and the development of the forum.
- Basic computer skills will be required to collaborate to draft the final declaration and a small exhibition about the Forum itself.
- Handwork and visits requires a good physical condition due to the climate of the region.
Selection Criteria: The selection will be made based on the requirements above, with a specific
- Balanced geographical representation,
- Dissemination of gained experience in the country or institution of origin
- Gender equality,
- Diversity of professional backgrounds.
Number of Awards: 30
Value of Award:
- All travel and accommodation costs for the selected participants will be covered by the Kingdom of Bahrain- for the duration of the forum.
- The organizers will assist in the travel preparations (including visas) and bookings.
- If any participant wishes to extend their stay until the end of the Committee session, all related costs should be covered by the participant with the consent of the State Party concerned. This information should be communicated to the organizers in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
Duration of Program: 17 to 26 June 2018
How to Apply: Candidates who wish to apply for participation in the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum should fill in and submit the online application form. Please make sure that you include all the required information in the application form and that you attach the requested supporting documents.
Award Providers: World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2018 is organized by Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities (www.culture.gov.bh) in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre in the framework of the World Heritage Education Programme. The scientific programme is developed in cooperation with Non-Governmental Organization Diadrasis