Right Livelihood College (RLC) International Workshop for PhD Students from Asia, Africa and Latin America (Fully-funded to ZEF, University of Bonn) 2018
The RLC Campus at ZEF, University of Bonn, Germany, offers scholarships for PhD students from Asia, Africa and Latin America to participate in the international workshop on “Policy, law and practice: ensuring full rights for the most marginalized citizens” from June 9-14, 2018, in Bonn. The workshop will be linked to the Global Media Forum of Deutsche Welle.
Application Deadline: 2nd April 2018
Eligible Countries: Countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
To Be Taken At (Country): ZEF and World Conference Center (WCCB) in Bonn, Germany
About the Award: Here is an exciting call for scholarships for a workshop hosted by The RLC Campus at ZEF, University of Bonn, Germany! The workshop is aimed at PhD students in the political sciences, law, development studies, sociology, geography, or ethnology fields.
The workshop will target the following objectives:
- to strengthen knowledge and understanding of concepts and methods of policy and law making as well their practical implementation,
- to critically assess the impact on the rights and livelihoods of most marginalized citizens in countries of the Global South,
- to present own case studies concerned, and
- to promote transmission of expertise and experience between PhD students, law and development experts, and “Alternative Nobel Prize” Laureates.
Type: PhD, Workshop
- PhD students from Asia, Africa and Latin America who conduct topic-related research from disciplines such as political sciences, law, development studies, sociology, geography, or ethnology.
- Preferred are PhD students in the middle or end of their studies.
- Fluent English is mandatory. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarships will cover all costs for international and national travel, hotel accommodation, catering, and working materials. The workshop will be embedded in a variety of social and cultural side-events.
Duration of Program: June 9-14, 2018
How to Apply: Your application should consist of:
- Completed online application form here
- 300 word abstract (in English) of your PhD project and a CV
Award Providers: Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn