Right Livelihood College (RLC) International Workshop 2019 for PhD Students from Developing Countries (Fully-funded to ZEF, University of Bonn)
The RLC Campus Bonn offers scholarships funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for PhD students from Latin America, Africa and Asia to participate in the international workshop on “Mobilization for Change: Marginalized people and their access to opportunities and resources in a developing world”, in May 25-30, 2019.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2019
Eligible Countries: Countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
To Be Taken At (Country): ZEF and World Conference Center (WCCB) in Bonn, Germany
About the Award:The workshop will take place from May 25-30, 2019, at ZEF and the World Conference Center Bonn. It focuses on research and practice concerned with human rights of marginalized people and their access to opportunities and resources. The topic will be tackled in a transdisciplinary way, combining case studies from social, economic, and political/cultural sciences with best practice examples from civil society action and agency. The workshop will be implemented in cooperation with
Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum (GMF).
The workshop will target the following objectives:
- to strengthen knowledge and understanding of concepts and methods of policy and law making as well their practical implementation,
- to critically assess the impact on the rights and livelihoods of most marginalized citizens in countries of the Global South,
- to present own case studies concerned, and
- to promote transmission of expertise and experience between PhD students, law and development experts, and “Alternative Nobel Prize” Laureates.
Type: PhD, Workshop
- PhD students from Asia, Africa and Latin America who conduct topic-related research from disciplines such as political sciences, law, development studies, sociology, geography, or ethnology.
- Preferred are PhD students in the middle or end of their studies.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarships will cover all costs for international and national travel, hotel accommodation, catering, and working materials. The workshop will be embedded in a variety of social and cultural side-events.
Duration of Program: May 25-30, 2019.
How to Apply: Your application should consist of:
- Completed online application form here
- 300 word abstract (in English) of your PhD project and a CV
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World