University of Stirling Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021/2022 for Developing Commonwealth Countries
The University of Stirling have been allocated 5 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships awards for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Application Deadline: 9th April 2021 at 4.00pm
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Scotland, UK
About the Award: The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and UK universities designed to support students from developing Commonwealth countries to undertake postgraduate study.
Fields of Study: Eligible programmes include:
- MSc Environmental Management (Conservation)
- MSc Financial Technology (Fintech)
- MSc International Conflict and Cooperation
- MSc Sustainable Aquaculture
Eligibility: To apply for these scholarships, candidates must:
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2021
- by October 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The University supports the student’s stipend (maintenance) allowance at the rate set by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. The Commission funds the cost of tuition fees, airfare and other allowances such as study-related travel.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Applicants need to first apply to the University of Stirling for one of the eligible courses. In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an offer of a place at Stirling. We would recommend applying to Stirling well in advance of any deadlines for this scholarship.