WHO-TDR Clinical and Research Development Fellowship 2019/2020 for Developing Countries
TDR provides fellowships for early- to mid-career researchers and clinical trial staff (e.g. clinicians, pharmacists, medical statisticians, data managers, other health researchers) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to learn how to conduct clinical trials.
Application Deadlines: 7th March 2019, 16:00 (GMT)
Eligible Countries: Low- and Middle income countries of WHO African Region.
About the Award: Successful applicants are placed for 12 months in host training organizations (pharmaceutical companies, product development partnerships (PDPs) or research organizations) and then receive a reintegration plan for 12 months at their home institution.
Eligibility: On the date of the deadline set for submission of applications, the fellow should:
- Be a postgraduate (MSc or PhD) or medical/pharmacy graduate conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Have obtained their first degree within the 15 years prior to submission of this application.
- Have been a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the past 12 months in an institution with a registered legal entity in an LMIC conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Must be a national or citizen of, and resident in, an LMIC.
Number of Awards: Ten (10) Master’s scholarships
Value of Award:
- The grant covers one economy class return air ticket (home – host training organization – home); a monthly stipend of approximately US$ 4000; a one-time allowance of US$ 1500 for educational support materials; health insurance and support to attend relevant meetings during the course of the fellowship, up to a maximum amount of US$ 3000, and access to an alumni website and to the Professional Membership Scheme for clinical trialists website.
- A break at 6 months of fellowship may be offered to the fellow to return to their home institution to present to their peers the acquired training and scientific progress made.
- The grant also includes provisional funds for reintegration, conditional upon the approval of a progress report and reintegration plan.
How to Apply:
- Please send the completed application form in electronic format (Word or PDF only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Award Providers: World Health Organisation, Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR)