WHO-TDR Clinical and Research Development Fellowship 2019/2020 for Developing Countries
TDR provides fellowships for early- to mid-career researchers and clinical trial staff (e.g. clinicians, pharmacists, medical statisticians, data managers, other health researchers) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to learn how to conduct clinical trials.
Application Deadlines: 7th March 2019, 16:00 (GMT)
Eligible Countries: Low- and Middle income countries of WHO African Region.
About the Award: Successful applicants are placed for 12 months in host training organizations (pharmaceutical companies, product development partnerships (PDPs) or research organizations) and then receive a reintegration plan for 12 months at their home institution.
Eligibility: On the date of the deadline set for submission of applications, the fellow should:
- Be a postgraduate (MSc or PhD) or medical/pharmacy graduate conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Have obtained their first degree within the 15 years prior to submission of this application.
- Have been a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the past 12 months in an institution with a registered legal entity in an LMIC conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Must be a national or citizen of, and resident in, an LMIC.
Number of Awards: Ten (10) Master’s scholarships
Value of Award:
- The grant covers one economy class return air ticket (home – host training organization – home); a monthly stipend of approximately US$ 4000; a one-time allowance of US$ 1500 for educational support materials; health insurance and support to attend relevant meetings during the course of the fellowship, up to a maximum amount of US$ 3000, and access to an alumni website and to the Professional Membership Scheme for clinical trialists website.
- A break at 6 months of fellowship may be offered to the fellow to return to their home institution to present to their peers the acquired training and scientific progress made.
- The grant also includes provisional funds for reintegration, conditional upon the approval of a progress report and reintegration plan.
How to Apply:
- Please send the completed application form in electronic format (Word or PDF only) to [email protected].
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Award Providers: World Health Organisation, Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR)
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them