Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) Internship (Fully-funded to Netherlands & €800 Stipend) 2019
CTA has an opening for an intern within the Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) Programme. The successful candidate will support Youth Entrepreneurship and ICT for agriculture initiatives within the ICT4Ag team.
Application Deadline: 21st October 2018
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Wageningen, the Netherlands
About the Award: The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international organization of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in agriculture, information and communication or other discipline relevant to the duties to perform.
- Experience in online network animation and knowledge of key ICT4D issues.
- Skills and experience with the development of innovative communication tools such as animations, infographics, etc.
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
- Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
Duration of Program: 6 months (renewable once)
How to Apply: Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: [email protected]
Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship Youth, Entrepreneurship, and ICT4Ag’.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.