HEU University Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship in China for International Student 2012
Scholarship Name: Distinguished International Student Scholarship
Master’s and Doctoral scholarships sponsored by the Government of the People’s Republic of China and offered at Harbin Engineering University (HEU) China for International Students to Study at the University in 2012/ 2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
Engineering related fields of study offered at the university
The Distinguished International Students Scholarship is set up by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China (MOE) to sponsor outstanding international students who have finished their bachelor’s education or above in China and have been enrolled by designated Chinese HEIs for higher academic pursuits or are now carrying out their Master’s or Doctoral studies in those institutions. China Scholarship Council (CSC), entrusted by the MOE, holds the responsibility of the assessment, approval and the routine management of the program.
Harbin Engineering University (short for HEU, formerly Harbin PLA Military Engineering Institute) is one of the Universities offering this government scholarship programme. HEU is one of the national key universities in the national “211 Project” (to set up 100 national key universities in 21st Century) and one of the first batches of key constructed universities in China with graduate school. HEU is the major personnel training and scientific research important base in the field of shipbuilding industry, sea transportation equipment, ocean exploration, and nuclear energy applications.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
Who is qualified to apply?
- Applicants must be international students currently studying in the designated Chinese HEIs and in good health.
- Applicants must be excellent in academic performances and well-behaved during their study in China, and continue to study in China for doctoral or master’s degree studies.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35, and applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40.
- Applicants shall not enjoy any other kind of sponsorship.
How Many Scholarships are available?
200 scholarships are available for the academic year 2012.
What are the benefits?
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials; free accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
- Monthly living allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- – Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- – Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
How long will sponsorship last?
Master’s Degree Students- 1-3 academic years
Doctoral Degree Students- 1-4 academic years
All countries including African and developing countries
To be taken at (country): Peoples Republic of China
What time of year does Application Close?
Deadline for application is May 10, 2012.
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in quadruplicate).
- Application Form for Distinguished International Students Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
- ALL APPLICANTS for this scholarship are required to fill in and submit the online application form. Applications through other methods are not accepted by CSC. Please print the application form after submitting it online. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available Here
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): For those who haven’t obtained their diploma on application due to time reasons, a proof of expected graduation issued by their institutions should be enclosed.
- Photocopy of Admission Notice or proof of on-campus postgraduate studies: Candidates shall provide a proof of their postgraduate admission issued by the institutions if they have not obtained Admission Notice on application due to time reasons.
- Academic transcripts during the study in Chinese HEIs.
- Study or research plan: No less than 900 words for master’s degree candidates, no less than 1500 words for doctoral candidates.
- Articles published or proof of academic achievements.
- Recommendation letters: One from the authority administering international students’ affairs in the institution where the student is currently studying; two from professors or tutors.
- An official note from the Embassy of candidate’s home country in China, approving the candidate’s application, and indicating that the candidate is not included in the bilateral exchange scholarship program.
The above documents should be forwarded to CSC before May 31, 2012 via the recommending institution. Individual applications are not accepted by CSC.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Ministry of Education of P. R. China (MOE) and Harbin Engineering University (HEU) formerly Harbin PLA Military Engineering Institute
- Applicants shall submit their applications to CSC via the institutions’ recommendation if they continue to study in the present institutions.
- Applicants shall submit their applications to CSC via the new admitting institutions’ recommendation if they graduate from the current institutions and apply for further study in other institutions.
- The host institution must be one of the Chinese Government Scholarship institutions specified by MOE.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat