International Summer School on the Regulation of Local Public Services 2018 (Scholarships for Participants from Developing Countries) – Torino, Italy
The School is addressed to final year undergraduate students, graduates and official of the Public Administration (municipalities, counties, regional bodies) and regulatory agencies staff who intend to study in depth some of the most relevant issues for regulation, tariff setting and management of local public services, either of environmental interest or not.
Application Deadline: 4th June 2018, h. 18:00 CET.
Admitted attendants will be contacted directly by email by the 16th June 2018.
To Be Taken At (Country): Torino, Italy
About the Award: The School is designed to offer two weeks “full immersion” in user charges regulation of local public services (e.g. waste, water, public transport, district heating, sport facilities) and is mainly addressed to undergraduate students at their last year, graduate students and officials from the Public Administration (municipalities, counties, regional bodies) and regulatory agencies.
The programme is designed as an intensive workshop, combining theoretical and practical modules.
The course lasts two weeks and is articulated in three parts:
– theoretical module
– industry analysis
– case studies (with a virtual regulatory final report prepared by attendants)
Type: Short courses, Undergraduate
Selection Criteria: Curricula are evaluated on the basis of three main criteria:
- relevance of applicant’s studies and professional experience / current job position to the topics of the Summer School programme
- balanced geographical distribution of selected participants (OECD / non-OECD members; distribution per continent; inclusion of applicants from Countries non represented in the previous editions)
- balanced distribution of educational background (e.g. economics; environmental engineering; law; public administration; …)
Moreover, in the case of curricula with similar score, also some attention is given to the selection of profiles with expertise in different sectors relevant to the domain of regulation of LPS (e.g. water cycle, waste, energy, …).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Registration and free accommodation are free for applicants from participating developing countries and new EU countries (Considering that the participation is free, a deposit is due (150 Euro with payment receipt returned by the date indicated on the admission letter); the deposit will be totally refunded to the attendant at the end of the Summer School (there is no deposit refund in case of cancellation)
- Travel expenses are not reimbursable in any case; furthermore the accommodation does not include breakfast and does not include any meal;
Duration of Program: 3rd-14th Sept 2018
How to Apply: Apply here
Award Providers: Turin School.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat