Apply: Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships 2019 for Study in USA
This year, BAM will award two US$5,000 scholarships to outstanding high school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology.
Application Deadline: 8th March 2019
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
Fields of Study: Engineering, Computer science, Computer Information Systems, or select business programs (such as Finance, Business Administration, or Marketing).
Eligibility: To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award:
- The scholarships are renewable – winners who continue to meet the criteria are eligible to receive an annual award of $5,000 for up to four (4) consecutive years for a potential total $20,000 scholarship.
- Five scholarship runners-up will be eligible for a $1,500 BAM technology stipend based on need.
Duration of Program: Up to 4 years.
How to Apply: To apply for a BAM Scholarship, fill out the online application and attach the following items by March 8, 2019. You will receive a response by April 22, 2019.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
12 Best Computer Skills Employers Are Looking for – How to Use it to get a Job
25 Writing Skills You Need to Standout & Succeed in Any Field
Top 10 Skills that’ll Make You More Employable than Most People and How to Improve them