East African Development Bank (EADB) STEM University Scholarship Program for Teachers and Lecturers from East African Countries 2018
The East African Development Bank and the Africa-America Institute are pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2018-2019 EADB Math, Science, Technology and Engineering University Scholarship Program.
Application Deadline: 7th March, 2018.
To Be Taken At (Country): Rutgers University in New Jersey, USA.
About the Award: In partnership with the Africa-America Institute (AAI), the East African Development Bank (EADB) launched the EADB Math, Science, Technology and Engineering University Scholarship Program in 2015 to support the capacity of regional faculty teaching in fields (science, technology, engineering and math) which are critical to local employment and the growth of national economies. The fast-track, 12 month scholarships provide experienced teachers and lecturers from EADB member countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda) to earn a Masters’ degree in science, technology, engineering and Math (STEM) at Rutgers University in New Jersey, USA.
Since 2015, eight students have received this full scholarship to pursue a graduate degree at Rutgers University. As alumni, they have returned to their respective countries and are contributing towards building a skilled workforce in STEM fields in East Africa.
Fields of Study: The following Masters Degrees are eligible under the EADB-AAI STEM Graduate Program:
- Math Education
- Science Education
- Cell and Developmental Biology(MS)
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering (ME)
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (MS)
Eligibility: To be eligible for this prestigious scholarship, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda
- A university graduate with a bachelor’s degree with first class/upper second honors in mathematics, sciences or engineering
- Have at least three (3) years of teaching experience in a STEM related field at a public institution in East Africa;
- Currently working full-time in public, government-owned educational institutions
- Committed to returning to their home country, to teach in a public government owned institution which is a mandatory requirement.
- Diligent in successfully completing the application process by the allotted deadlines at Rutgers University
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: full scholarship
Duration of Program: 12 months
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants are to download, fill and submit the Application Form alongside other required documents.
- Send your application to [email protected], with the above information.
- All submissions must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Terms and conditions apply. Application deadline is March 7, 2018.
It is important to go through the procedures for application before and while applying.
Award Providers: Africa-America Institute (AAI), the East African Development Bank (EADB)
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy
25 things You Didn’t Know About Studying Medicine
15 Underrated Things Successful People Do, Poor People Don’t Do