University of Manchester Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for Ethiopian Students 2019/2020
The University of Manchester will be offering up to four scholarships for selected master’s courses to applicants from Ethiopia.
Application Deadline: 9th September 2018 at 5pm GMT.
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia
To be Taken at (country): UK
About the Award: We offer two types of scholarship:
- One-year, full-time, on-campus master’s
- Part-time distance learning master’s (three to five years’ duration)
There are 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international air fares, living expenses and visas.
Eligibility: Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have at least 18 months’ work experience (this includes unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of excellent, or preferably a master’s degree. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- be a resident citizen of Ethiopia and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Ethiopia;
- have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
Number of Awards: 4
Value of Award: The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses.
Duration of Award: Duration of candidate’s chosen course
How to Apply: You don’t need to have an offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. Please do not apply for master’s admission separately; if your scholarship application is successful then an academic offer will be made.
Award Provider: University of Manchester
Important Notes: Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and our admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted to the course of your choice.