University of Manchester Fully-funded Masters Scholarships 2020/2021 for Ethiopian Students – UK
The University of Manchester will be offering up to four scholarships for selected master’s courses to applicants from Ethiopia.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2019 at 5pm GMT.
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia
To be Taken at (country): UK
About the Award: We offer two types of scholarship:
- One-year, full-time, on-campus master’s
- Part-time distance learning master’s (three to five years’ duration)
Eligibility: Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have two years work experience not including volunteering and unpaid internships;
- hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of excellent, or preferably a master’s degree. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- be a resident citizen of Ethiopia and have not previously studied outside Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Ethiopia;
- have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
Number of Awards: There are 28 scholarships (18 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania.
Value of Award: The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses.
Duration of Award: Duration of candidate’s chosen course
How to Apply: You don’t need to have an offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. Please do not apply for master’s admission separately; if your scholarship application is successful then an academic offer will be made.
Award Provider: University of Manchester