Deadline Extended: DAAD-Rwandan PhD Scholarship Program for Rwandan Students 2018
Good news for scholars in Rwanda: The application deadline for PhD scholarships to Germany, offered jointly by DAAD and the Government of Rwanda, has been extended to January 31, 2018.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018
Eligible Countries: Rwanda
To Be Taken At (Country): German y
About the Award: Applications are open for Rwandan PhD Scholarship sponsored jointly by DAAD and the Government of Rwanda. The applications are open until January 31, 2018.
- Excellently qualified academic staff of higher learning institutions.
- The last qualifying degree should have been obtained not more than six years ago. Candidates should have passed their Bachelor studies with at least “second class upper division”, their Master’s studies with at least B+ (or equivalent).
Selection Criteria: Selection is done by a bi-national committee trough personal interviews of the candidates in Kigali, Ruanda. Selection criteria are, amongst others, general academic performance as well as a convincing and detailed proposal, discussed and agreed with the German supervisor, a convincing motivation for the chosen degree course respectively.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket Money
- co-financed monthly scholarship instalment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
Duration of Program: Generally, up to 42 months (3,5 years)
How to Apply: It is important to go through the Application Procedure and Requirements on the Program Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Award Providers: DAAD
Important Notes: Please note that the portal will be opened again in a few days time.
Dont forget to send the application summary generated by the system together with the original recommendation letters to the DAAD Nairobi Office in order to complete your application.