Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Alumni Grants Program 2018 – USA
American Councils for International Education is pleased to announce the 2018-2019 Alumni Grants Program, funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), to assist past participants of the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program of program years 2003-04 to 2016-17 who successfully completed the YES or YES Abroad programs from any of the past or current YES countries LISTED BELOW.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2018
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gaza Strip, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel (Arab Communities), Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Suriname,Syria, Tanzania,
Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey West Bank, Yemen, YES Abroad – United States.
About the Award: 2018 is going to be an exciting year for the YES program – it’s the YES 15th Anniversary! 2018 will also usher in a new cycle of YES Alumni Grants. Want to commemorate the 15th anniversary in the most impactful way possible? Why not apply for a YES Alumni Grant to start a project in your community that you are passionate about? From an alumni mentoring program or holding a workshop on countering violent extremism in your community, the possibilities to make a difference through a YES Alumni Grant are endless.
Eligibility: In order to participate in this program, applicants:
- Must be successful participants of the YES or YES Abroad program;
- Must conduct their project and currently reside in one of the countries in which the YES program or YES Abroad is administered (including the U.S.);
- Cannot be working as employees of an organization administering the YES program, or of the U.S. government.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Grants will fall into two categories:
Individual Grants (up to $250)
- To support community service or professional development projects. Individual grant applicants who demonstrate in their proposals a readiness to share their experience with others in their community upon completion will be given preference.
- These may be single events or small-scale projects.
Group Grants (up to $3000):
- To support community service projects in areas such as interfaith dialogue, conflict resolution, entrepreneurship, public health, environment, inclusion of people with disabilities, women’s and girls’ empowerment, and promotion of English language and American culture. Not all project organizers or volunteers must be YES or YES Abroad alumni, but the grant applicant/recipient and the project leader or co-leader must be an alumnus/a.
- American Councils may request that applicants modify their budget or the proposal in order to be awarded a grant.
- Proposals may be awarded partial funding.
How to Apply: Apply here
Award Providers: 2018 YES Alumni Grants Program, funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and administered by American Councils for International Education.