Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program 2023 for International Teachers (Fully-funded to the USA)
The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers (Fulbright DAI) brings international primary and secondary teachers to the United States for a semester-long program to pursue individual or group projects, take courses for professional development at a U.S. host university, and observe and share their expertise with U.S. colleagues.
Application Deadline: 25th February 2023
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, Finland, Greece, India, Indonesia, Israel, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, Philippines, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Uganda, United Kingdom (NOTE: Subject to change.)
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
- Full-time primary and secondary educators, including classroom teachers, guidance counselors, curriculum specialists, library media specialists, and special education coordinators, administrators, and others who spend at least half of their time interacting with students
- Applicants from the following participating countries listed above
- Applicants should have:
- Five years of full-time teaching experience or experience working with primary- or secondary-level students in another capacity
- Proven track record of professional development activities and leadership
- Citizen of a participating Fulbright DAI country
- Other requirements as indicated on the application
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Educator training: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers take part in an intensive five-month professional development program at a US university. The curriculum includes academic coursework, leadership training, and instructional technology seminars.
- Inquiry projects: Each participant will complete an individual or group project relevant to their education practice. Past projects covered topics such as current methodologies for teaching math, science, music, visual arts, performing arts, and English as a second language; working with special needs students; promoting civic engagement or service learning; environmental education; school management and leadership; and others that meet a critical need in the candidate’s home country.
- Field experience: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers are actively engaged with US schools. They are given opportunities to observe, co-teach, and share their expertise, building collaborative, lasting connections with teachers and students.
- Best practice exchange: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers study and observe international best practices in education. They also share professional expertise with educators and students in the United States.
- Civic and cultural activities: Fulbright Distinguished Teachers participate in US cultural activities such as performances, sporting events, visits to US homes, board of education meetings, and trips to notable historical sites.
Duration of Program: A semester in 2023
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
Visit the Program Webpage for Details