Women Techmakers/Firebase Travel Grants to Attend 3rd Firebase Summit 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic
Want to attend the Firebase Summit on October 29th, 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic? Women Techmakers has announced a travel grant for the Firebase Summit for women worldwide.
Application Deadline: 20th August 2018
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Cubex Centre, Prague, Czech Republic.
About the Award: At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in computer science and technology, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, ability or military service. We understand that, for some folks who are underrepresented in computer science and technology, there are barriers to attending leading tech conferences. We are committed to breaking those down. As such, we’re excited to offer the Women Techmakers & Firebase Travel Grant for the Firebase Summit on 29th October 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic.
Join to learn how Firebase helps mobile app teams of all sizes across the entire development lifecycle, from building your app, to improving app quality, to growing your business. You’ll also get the opportunity to ask questions and give feedback directly to the team that builds Firebase.
- Applicants must be a university student or a technology industry professional.
- Eligibility for each group is as follows:
- University Students: A student enrolled in a bachelors, masters or PhD program (or equivalent) for the 2018-2019 academic year or a current student who is graduating in 2019 or later.
- Technology Industry professionals: A professional software engineer working in the industry.
- Persons who are (1) residents of Italy, Brazil, Quebec, or embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily reside in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for the Women Techmakers & Firebase Summit Travel Grant.
- Applicants must be available to attend the conference in its entirety, meaning they must be available to travel to the conference on October 29th in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Current Google employees, aside from interns, are not eligible to apply for this travel grant.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of July 17, 2018
Selection criteria: All eligible applications will be reviewed by both the Women Techmaker & Firebase teams. Recipients of the Women Techmaker & Firebase Travel Grant will be selected based on the overall strength of their application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Value of Award: To encourage attendance at our Firebase Summit, Women Techmakers will provide selected recipients airfare or train travel fare to and from the summit and/or hotel accommodations as a travel stipend of up to $500 USD offered through our travel agency partner.
Duration of Programme: 29 October 2018 (8:00am – 10:00pm)
How to Apply: Please complete the below application by August 20th, 2018. We’ll be notifying accepted applicants by September 5th, 2018. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “travel grant program” in the subject line and our team will be in touch shortly.
Award Providers: Women Techmakers, Google
Important Notes: Please note that payment for visas and/or expenses outside of travel (air/train/hotel) will not be covered. In addition, costs for travel (air/train/hotel) above $500 USD will not be eligible for reimbursement.