American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Stanford (AMENDS) is inviting young Leaders from the Middle East and North Africa for their annual Youth Summit.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2017
Eligible Countries: Middle Eastern and North African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Stanford House in Oxford, United Kingdom
About the Award: The American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Stanford (AMENDS) is a collaborative student-led initiative interested in the promotion of understanding and respect around the Middle East, and the support of a generation of leaders who are working to ignite concrete social and economic development in the MENA region.
AMENDS’ mission is to create a platform for promising youth leaders whose work impacts the Middle East, North Africa and United States to share and grow their initiatives. During the conference, we provide delegates opportunities to develop key skills, network and collaborate with established leaders, experts, and fellow changemakers, and share the story of their initiatives with a wider audience after receiving coaching and editing support.
- be 18 – 28 years old.
- have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could affect positive change in the world.
- have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues pertaining to the Middle East in innovative ways.
- demonstrate the potential to further understanding between the respective regions and demonstrate potential to influence American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Selection Criteria: Delegates will be selected based on the level of their dedication to promoting change in the MENA region and/or in U.S.- MENA relations. AMENDS will also heavily consider the past experiences and backgrounds of each delegate that will enable him/her to contribute a unique perspective to the conference, in order to ensure a rich, diverse group of delegates.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Accepted delegates will:
- Present a 10-12 minute video talk about their initiative at AMENDS conference. Hosted on the channel, these talks have over 70,000 people.
- Attend a networking dinner.
- Attend workshops and talks at the conference. In the past, this has included a talk by Prince Moulay Hicham, a workshop on presenting by the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and a workshop on design thinking by the Stanford d.school.
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 120 former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate conference has been held annually for fellows at Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey.
Duration of Program: June 28 to July 2 2018
How to Apply: Apply Here!
Award Providers: American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Stanford (AMENDS)