Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program at University of Abomey-Calavi for African Students 2018/2019 – Republic of Benin
Applications are invited for the MasterCard scholarship at UAC for young students with brilliant school and university records, but from poor economic backgrounds in Benin to gain access to quality university education.
Application Deadline: 5th October 2018
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Benin Republic
To Be Taken At (Country): Benin Republic
About the Award: In collaboration with the MasterCard Foundation, the University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC) is committed to training at the beginning of the academic year 2017-2018, young student leaders and entrepreneurs from disadvantaged social backgrounds with brilliant results at the baccalaureate of Scientific series, in the academic fields of the agronomic sciences, the Information and communication sciences and the renewable energies of the Faculty of Agronomic Sciences (FSA), the Polytechnic school of Abomey-Calavi (EPAC), the Institute of Training and Research in Informatics (IFRI) and the Faculty of Science and Technology (FAST).
- Candidates must be Beninese.
- Applicants to the bachelor programs must justify excellent academic results with at least the mention fairly well in the high school diploma of the scientific series C, D, E, F, DTI, and DEAT of the years 2016-2017 or 2017-2018.
- Candidates must be from a poor background and be able to prove it.
- Candidates must demonstrate natural aptitudes for leadership and entrepreneurship justified by positions of responsibility held during their school career or their involvement in extracurricular associations or through edifying Personal experiences.
- Candidates must be not more than 23 years old as of the 31st of December of the current year.
- Candidates must not be beneficiaries of another scholarship program in any form.
Number of Awards: 200
Value of Award: Fully-funded
How to Apply: A completed form must include the following:
- (A) Two (2) identity photos with the name of the candidate written on the back in capital letters. (Do not staple the photos to the form, submit them in an envelope).
- (B) A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate or a supplemental judgment.
- (C) A copy of the certificate of diplomas and transcripts of the BEPC and the BAC
- (D) A copy of the school transcripts of each quarter and the end-of-year final bulletin of the Terminal class.
- (E) A copy of the transcripts of the classes of 2nde and 1ère
- (G) A copy of the death certificate (s) of the biological parents (if any).
- (H) A precise indication of the physical address of the domicile of the parent or guardian
- (Indicate the department and the county town of the place of residence as well as the approximate distances in kilometers from the main road).
- (I) Personal writing (answer all questions in the form)
The application form must be completed and submitted from August 20 to October 05, 2018 with the following documents:
- the program coordination office located on the ground floor of the 3rd Vice-Rectorate for Inter-University Cooperation, Partnerships and Professional Integration of UAC;
– or send a scanned version in a single PDF file and perfectly legible with subject: application to the scholarship of the Mastercard Foundation at the following email address:
Only candidates who have been shortlisted will be called for an interview. Those who pass the interview will be subject to a house visit to verify the information they have provided.
If you submit your application by e-mail, make sure that the scanned copy of the application form and all other documents are clearly legible and sent as a single PDF document (maximum size: 5mb) email address: [email protected] with subject:
MasterCard application-Name and surname.
Award Providers: Mastercard Foundation