Commonwealth/Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Scholarships for PhD Students in Singapore 2018/2019
ACU member institution Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore is offering four fully-funded Commonwealth PhD Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Singapore
About the Award: The Commonwealth Scholarship (“Scholarship”) is awarded to outstanding international students from Commonwealth countries seeking admissions as full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research at the University. This Scholarship is for new, incoming students who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
Since the introduction of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan in 1959, over 34,000 individuals have received awards. Commonwealth Scholarships provide the chance for talented students to gain a qualification from a university overseas and benefit from international experience and cross-cultural exchange. The scholarships also allow universities to attract excellent international students, showcase their research and teaching and forge closer cross-Commonwealth links.
Eligibility: The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents;
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/Honours (Distinction) or equivalent;
- at the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission to a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research; and
- should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
Number of Awards: 4
Value of Award:
- The monthly stipend for International PhD students will be S$2,000 and scholars in the PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), subject to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken.
- In addition to the monthly stipend, the award also covers the annual tuition fee.
- The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
Duration of Program: The scholarship start date will be August 2018. The Scholarship is tenable for one (1) year in the first instance and thereafter may, subject to the Scholar’s satisfactory progress, be renewed each semester at the University’s discretion. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the online NTU graduate research programme application and indicate on the form that they also wish to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship. Applications should be made via the NTU website.
Award Providers: Commonwealth
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It
Top 10 High Paying IT Certifications for 2020