The Commonwealth is urgently seeking two trainers to deliver a course that builds the capacity of young people to counter hate speech and violent radicalisation.
Application Deadline: 16th October 2017
To Be Taken At (Country): London, UK
About the Award: Run by the Commonwealth and Council of Europe, the five-day course will empower young leaders and youth workers from across the Commonwealth to develop counter narratives to hate speech and strengthen support for human rights through non-formal education and awareness-raising actions.
The organisers are looking for two senior trainers who will prepare, implement and evaluate the training course.
The Commonwealth Secretariat will host the five day training of trainers to empower youth leaders from its member states to develop a youth led coordinated approach to address hate speech, and strengthen support for human rights and dialogue through non formal education and awareness raising actions.
The No Hate Speech Movement is a youth campaign of the Council of Europe to promote human rights online, helping to ensure that hate speech is unacceptable. It also develops youth participation and citizenship on-line, including Internet governance processes.
Type: Training, Contest
- Delegates for next month’s course will include youth leaders, youth workers, educators and government officials who work with young people on peace-building, dialogue or human rights through awareness-raising and educational activities.
- Participants are expected from Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Jamaica, Canada, United Kingdom, Cyprus, Cameroon, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, and Australia.
Competence asked for:
- Conceptual and practical knowledge and training experience regarding human rights, using human rights education and intercultural learning and non-formal educational methodologies
- Experience with using the manuals Bookmarks and/or We CAN! in trainings and/or youth campaigns;
- Conceptual and practical knowledge and training experience regarding: hate speech, racism, discrimination, online campaigning and online activism, counter and alternative narratives, peace building, intercultural and inter faith dialogue and learning
- Knowledge of the Council of Europe’s Youth campaign No Hate Speech Movement
- Working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth youth programmes and Networks
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: Trainers are paid. Both trainers will be contracted for 8 days at 260 euro per day.
Duration of Program: The trainers must be available for the full duration of the preparatory meeting and training course
- Preparatory meeting: 6-7 November 2017
- Second Preparatory meeting 26 November
- Training Course: 27 November – 1 December 2017
How to Apply: If you would like to be considered as a paid trainer, you should download the application form below.
Award Providers: Council of Europe, Commonwealth Secretariat