Call for Papers: World Bank Annual Conference on Land and Poverty 2020
The World Bank is pleased to invite abstract submissions for the 19th Annual Conference on Land and Poverty to be held March 16 – 20, 2020 in Washington, DC, USA.
Application Deadline: 13th October 2019
To Be Taken At (Country): Washington, DC, USA.
About the Award: Welcome to the 21st Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty! This year’s conference theme will be: Institutions for Equity & Resilience.
The Land and Poverty conference 2020 presents the latest research and innovations in policies and good practice on land governance around the world. This conference has become one of the largest international events on land governance, attracting over 1,400 participants from governments, academics, civil society, and the private sector. Please consult the video recordings, papers, and presentations from the 2019 conference and the 2018 conference.
Field of Study: Conference priority themes for oral presentations and posters:
- Academic economic research quantitative impact evaluations
- Data driven land policy; innovations in use geospatial/ML/AI data
- Land policy reform & structural transformation; political economy
- Land (rental) markets
- Land tenure security and gender, youth, indigenous peoples; marginalization
- Tenure rights and resilience; climate change; natural resource management
- Large-scale land acquisition; State land management
- Land for urban expansion and affordable housing; land acquisition
- Property tax and land value capture
- Digital Development and Land information and administration; Data protection; Data ownership
- Regulatory reforms, Institutional innovation, sustainability; financing improvements
- Global policies and agreements; mobilizing for land transparency
Type: Call for Papers/Conferences
- Abstracts should be between 800 and 1,500 words, anonymous, written in American English, and submitted online in Word format. Abstracts less than 800 words will not be reviewed.
Selection Criteria: Abstract selection for presentation is on the basis of a double blind peer-review process. Criteria are
- relevance to conference thematic tracks;
- evidence-based and methodological appropriateness;
- innovative and new;
- significance of findings for policy or research agenda; and
- clarity of presentation.
More than one abstract can be submitted; due to space limitation only one accepted abstract can be presented by a participant.
Duration of Program: March 16 – 20, 2020
How to Apply: Please submit abstract for oral presentation of an individual paper, poster, or MasterClass by October 13, 2019 via ConfTool (Please view guidelines on how to create a new user account and how to submit an abstract. Proposals for a panel are not accepted.
Kindly note that inclusion of an accepted presentation in the final conference program is conditional on (i) timely conference registration and (ii) uploading of full paper.
- Deadline conference registration: January 31, 2020
- Deadline submission full papers, posters and Masterclasses: February 15, 2020
- Deadline submission PowerPoint: March 9, 2020
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win
Do Not Move To Germany If…