DAAD Kenya Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020 for Young East African Academics – Germany
DAAD (the German Academic Exchange Service) and he Government of Kenya, are offering scholarships, open to Kenyan and East African academics and scientists, for the academic year 2019/2020 to pursue a PhD in Germany.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2018
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: The Kenya Vision 2030 policy document recommends investment in Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) in priority key sectors. One such area involves capacity building in the universities through advanced training of personnel.
We are glad to announce that DAAD (the German Academic Exchange Service) is offering up to twelve (12)
scholarships, open to young East African academics and scientists, for the academic year 2019/2020 to pursue a
PhD in Germany.
In addition, in collaboration with the Government of Kenya, DAAD will offer additional thirty (30)
scholarships to (permanent and part-time) staff members of public and private universities and public research
institutes in Kenya to pursue a PhD in Germany.
Eligibility: Among the main requirements is a well-developed research proposal (10 to 15 pages). The applicant needs to find a supervisor in Germany or get admission for a structured PhD programme.
To be eligible, candidate must:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Kenya;
- Be teaching (full or part-time) in Kenyan universities (both public and private);
- Should have obtained the Master’s degree preferably within the past 6 years (date of graduation);
- Be willing to undertake a six (6) months German language course.
Number of Awards: 51
Value of Award:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
- co-financed monthly scholarship instalment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
Duration of Program: Up to forty-five (45) months (exclusive six (6) months German language course).
How to Apply:
- Among the main requirements is a well-developed research proposal (10 to 15 pages). The applicant needs to find a supervisor in Germany or get admission for a structured PhD programme.
- For further information, visit us during our visiting hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 12 noon, check our websitewww.daad.or.ke or contact me as the officer in charge of this programme.
Award Providers: DAAD
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win
Do Not Move To Germany If…