World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Tourism for Tomorrow Awards 2019
WTTC joins forces with sponsors, media partners and contributors to invite destinations, businesses and projects to apply for the Tourism for Tomorrow (T4T) Awards. Each year this yields hundreds of unique entries.
Application Deadline: 14th November 2018
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: WTTC’s Tourism for Tomorrow (T4T) Awards are the world’s top accolade in sustainable tourism; they recognise the highest ethical standards in the sector and are respected by industry leaders, governments and international media alike. The Awards are aimed at recognising best practice in sustainable tourism within the industry globally, based upon the principles of environmentally friendly operations; support for the protection of cultural and natural heritage; and direct benefits to the social and economic well-being of local people in travel destinations around the world.
Candidates can apply in one of the five categories: Social Impact, Destination Stewardship, Climate Action, Changemakers or Investing in People. Judging process is based on three-steps: Finalist Selection, On-Site Visit by an expert and Winner Selection. An international team of 18-20 judges, representing a wide range of professional backgrounds and expertise in Travel & Tourism, first choose three finalists in each category to later decide on the winners
- There is no charge to enter the WTTC Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
- All applications must be in ENGLISH
- All companies/organisations must have been in operation for at least THREE full years and the sustainable tourism project/initiative submitted for consideration must be in operation for at least ONE full year. There is no minimum length of time for applicants to have been in operation who are applying to the Innovation category.
- Only complete entries will be considered
- Companies/organisations may only submit ONE entry in any given year
- Entries must be for ONE category only
- Applications must provide full contact details for two independent references not directly associated with the business or project. References for all applicants may be contacted.
- During the 2nd judging phase, finalists will be visited by on-site evaluators. WTTC will cover the evaluator’s expenses; however, any assistance in facilitating the on-site visit and hosting would be appreciated
- Applicants should contact WTTC in regards to any questions they may have about the judging process
- The Award applicants may not contact any individual members of the judging panel prior to the Awards ceremony without the approval of the Lead Judge.
- Finalists will be asked to provide supporting materials including photos, videos, newspaper articles, brochures for marketing purposes. Do not include such supporting materials with your application
- Previous winners and finalists may reapply in any category but must clearly demonstrate sustainable tourism initiatives that are new, and expand above and beyond what they have been previously recognised for by the Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
- Finalists and winners of the Awards may not disclose any of the judging material developed by a member of the judging panel throughout the judging process to the general public, including media, industry partners and associates, without prior consent from WTTC.
- By applying for the WTTC Tourism for Tomorrow Awards, the applicant agrees that in the case of being selected a finalist of the 2018 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards, a company representative of appropriate level will attend the Awards ceremony.
Value of Award: Entering the Awards could earn your business the real credit it deserves. Becoming a finalist means:
- corporate endorsement by a panel of internationally acclaimed experts in sustainable tourism
- an invitation to the grand awards ceremony at the 19th WTTC Global Summit in Seville, Spain 3-4 April 2019
- complimentary flights and accommodation to the ceremony in Seville
- outstanding international Media exposure
- the opportunity to network with the leaders of the Travel & Tourism sector
Duration of Program: In 2019, this will be held on 3-4 April
How to Apply: Apply here
Before applying, It is important to go through the Rules and guidelines, Tips for applying as awell as the FAQ
Award Providers: World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC).