European Union/UN Women Gender Equality Photo Contest for Young Nigerian Artists 2017
Submit your Comic/Cartoon Without Words and join UN Women and the European Union as a Global Champion for Women and Girls.
Application Deadline: 18th September 2017
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To Be Taken At (Country): Abuja, Nigeria
About the Award: Unleash your creativity to illustrate the relationship between women and men and positive changes you want to see. Picture it! The Competition is open to Nigerian comic and cartoon artists, art students and members of the general public, from 18 to 28 years of age, who are residents of Nigeria.
The Competition is part of the UN Women Campaign “Empowering Women – Empowering Humanity” and the EU Gender Action.
- Women and the Environment
- Women and Poverty
- Human Rights of Women
- Women in Power and Decision-Making
- Women and the Economy
- Violence against Women
- Women and Health
- Education and Training of Women
- Women and Armed Conflict
- Women and the Media
- The Girl Child
- Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women
- You must be between 18 and 28 years old as of August 31, 2017. You must provide your date of birth in the entry form.
- You must be a Nigerian residing in Nigeria.
- You must use your legal name and provide valid contact details along with your drawing(s).
- The drawing(s) must be without words.
- Your Drawings must fit on one DIN A4 page (210mm x 297mm). Both portrait and landscape orientation are accepted. If a drawing comprises several pictures, the number of pictures should not exceed six boxes and the complete drawing must fit on one DIN A4 page.
- The resolution of the drawing(s) must be at least 150 dpi or higher. Data size is limited to 5MB per drawing. Acceptable formats include jpg, jpeg, png and pdf formats only.
Your drawing(s) must not be in the determination of the Organizing Entities:
- Be disrespectful of the impartiality and independence of the United Nations and the EU Delegation to Nigeria;
- Reflect adversely on the Organizing Entities;
- Be incompatible with the aims and objectives of the Organizing Entities;
- Be derogatory to any persons depicted in the drawings;
- Contain any nudity, lewd, or otherwise offensive or inappropriate content
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The five successful participants will be invited to Abuja to the Competition Award Ceremony in November 2017. The cost for travel and accomodation will be borne by the Organizing Entities. In addition, the drawings of the finalists and semi-finalists will be published online and may be considered for an Exhibition.
- First Prize: 1000 Euros (1)
- Second Prize: 500 Euros (1)
- Third Prize: 200 Euros (3)
How to Apply: Submit Entry
Incomplete entries or entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be automatically disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organizing Entities.
Award Providers: European Union/UN Women
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION